Help! Nitro 5 an515-45-r4kt seemingly having heat issues after last windows 11 update

Nithreus
Nithreus Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2022 in Windows 11
After restarting the Nitro 5  an515-45-r4kt, the fans are stuck at 3000 and 4000 rpms and Nitro Sense is saying my CPU is at 90ºC even when I just turn the machine on and don't click anywhere. While I know the computer is not about to melt any time soon, the noise of the fans is very distracting. How can I solve this issue?

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Nithreus said:
    After restarting the laptop, the fans are stuck at 3000 and 4000 rpms and Nitro Sense is saying my CPU is at 90ºC even when I just turn the machine on and don't click anywhere. While I know the computer is not about to melt any time soon, the noise of the fans is very distracting. How can I solve this issue?
    Uninstall the old NitroSensde completely from Control Panel on your AN515-45 and install the last version from the Acer site which is the version 3.01.3024 (For 2021) and reinstall it again and see if that fixes the problem, as your fans should not be spinning that fast and/or your CPU be running that hot. At idle the CPU should be at 42°and the GPU should be max 36° or less or not even showing a temp at idel that is what I'm getting on my AN515-56. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Nithreus said:
    After restarting the laptop, the fans are stuck at 3000 and 4000 rpms and Nitro Sense is saying my CPU is at 90ºC even when I just turn the machine on and don't click anywhere. While I know the computer is not about to melt any time soon, the noise of the fans is very distracting. How can I solve this issue?
    Uninstall the old NitroSensde completely from Control Panel on your AN515-45 and install the last version from the Acer site which is the version 3.01.3024 (For 2021) and reinstall it again and see if that fixes the problem, as your fans should not be spinning that fast and/or your CPU be running that hot. At idle the CPU should be at 42°and the GPU should be max 36° or less or not even showing a temp at idel that is what I'm getting on my AN515-56. 
  • Nithreus
    Nithreus Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2022
    Sorry, I thought it was the correct answer because after reinstalling nitro sense and restarting the laptop it stayed pretty calm for a couple minutes, but then it kicked back in. I'm again at 90ºC and I know the cpu's not even close to that temperature, because it was at around 45-50ºC 10 seconds ago. GPU temperatures appear completely normal, though.

I must add that it only happens when it's plugged to the wall. When I unplug it, it goes back to normal. It's idling at 40ºC. Then I connect it and boom, 90ºC.

• Gaamer
    Gaamer Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited April 2022
    Mine is AN515-52 OLD ACER Nitro 5 model (2018). I found same issue and I gave it to service centre for thermal repasting and dust cleaning. But the issue was there. I guess windows 11 is not for Acer Nitro 5 no matter which gen you have. Service centre guy offered me 14000INR($180) for it. But later after downgrading to windows 10, now my laptop working just fine... 

And it's weird that not all Acer Nitro 5 have the same issue. I literally couldn't find such issues or answer for this issue any where on the internet!! Lol

Unfortunately I lost $30 on service centre. Luckily he didn't swap any parts except for speakers which IDC! ......

Hope my answer helps!!
  • djorborn
    djorborn Member Posts: 3 New User

I have the same issue with my acer nitro an517-52, I had to go back to windows 10. The computer would freeze and I would have to manually restart by holding down the power button, this happened so much that I gave up and installed windows 10. This is so dumb I hope it gets fixed.