Spin 5 suddenly can't connect to WiFi. Device setting not migrated. Spin 5 (SP513-54N)

JodyTX
JodyTX Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
As of today, my Spin 5 (SP513-54N) will no longer connect to my WiFi. Under device manager, it says "The device cannot start (Code 10)".  
"The requested operation was unsuccessful. Device settings not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or ambiguous device match."
I switched to Windows 11 over 3 months ago and it's been connecting to WiFi just fine. My current network driver is 21.90.2.1.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer
    JodyTX said:
    As of today, my Spin 5 (SP513-54N) will no longer connect to my WiFi. Under device manager, it says "The device cannot start (Code 10)".  
    "The requested operation was unsuccessful. Device settings not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or ambiguous device match."
    I switched to Windows 11 over 3 months ago and it's been connecting to WiFi just fine. My current network driver is 21.90.2.1.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you have an astrict next to the Wi-Fi driver in DM then the driver has an error and you need to uninstall the version 21.90.2.1. Wi-Fi driver and BT drivers that you have (btw, there is a newer driver for the Intel AX201 wifi/bt its the 22.110.1) and then install the “Intel® Driver & Support Assistant” software and run a scan as that will update and install all the Intel latest drivers for Win-11 for your SP513-54N including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, its a very simple solution and works 100%.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @JodyTX,

1) Press the Windows logo key and I at the same time on your keyboard, then the Settings app opens.
    2) Click Network & Internet.
    3) Click WiFi on the left, and toggle the WiFi button to On.
    4) Restart your Acer laptop and try to connect to WiFi and see if it works.