Nitro 5 Brand new and won't turn on

tk88
tk88 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hi all, we bought a Nitro 5 today and we can't get it to turn on. There is no light to indicate that the laptop is charging. Please help. Does this looked plugged in right to you or should there be no gap between the plug and the box?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• tk88
    Answer ✓
    Thanks everyone. Yep @Lord_N, that was the problem. How silly do I feel? I took the plug out and pushed it back in so many times and then hubby comes home, gives it a good push and ta-dah! we have power. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022
    tk88 said:
    Hi all, we bought a Nitro 5 today and we can't get it to turn on. There is no light to indicate that the laptop is charging. Please help. Does this looked plugged in right to you or should there be no gap between the plug and the box?

That’s impossible as you have the power cord plugged into the power adaptor charger correctly, have you got any issues with the power board or the power plug? As that can cause an adaptors fuse to trip and disable the adaptor, so check that? Does the laptop work on battery? As brand new laptops adaptor should work 100% and the laptops power circuitry should not trip the adaptors safety fuse and the laptop should work off a battery also. Otherwise and if not, take it back to your retailer where you bought this Nitro from or contact Acer in your area as this is very very unusual.

• tk88
    Thanks @StevenGen I think we'll be taking it back in the morning.

• Lord_N
    Lord_N Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited February 2022
    Hi tk88

Maybe you do not insert the charging port as close to the back as possible, there should be no gap whatsoever.

Hint: There must be a "clicking" sound, indicating that you charging port connects to the Laptop.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @tk88,

Did you try to charge the unit with different charger. 
  • tk88
    Answer ✓
    Thanks everyone. Yep @Lord_N, that was the problem. How silly do I feel? I took the plug out and pushed it back in so many times and then hubby comes home, gives it a good push and ta-dah! we have power. 
  • Lord_N
    Lord_N Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    tk88

Glad it works. 😊