Upgrading components - G6-720

Options
JohnHolowaty
JohnHolowaty Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2022 in Predator Desktops
Right now I have the Predator G6 i7-7700k, with a 1080 in her. Is it possible to up her to the RTX series cards?

(​//Edited the content to add model name)

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,984 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Right now I have the Predator G6 i7-7700k, with a 1080 in her. Is it possible to up her to the RTX series cards?

I presume that your G6 is the G6-720 model as that has the 7th Gen CPU also I don't know which PSU you have in your G6 as its listed OEM as a 750W and you could have a different one? If you do have the 750W then that is plenty of power for an RTX 20 series and will be just enough for the top of the range 30 series the RTX-3090 at 750W as the lowest the RTX-3060 needs 550W and the lowest 20 series the RTX-2060 needs 500W while the top of the range RTX-2080Ti needs 650W. Unfortunately and sadly, all these new GPU cards (that are way way over priced) totally depend today on your budget and that is the bottom line and also you have to be very careful and research these cards as not all distributors and manufacturers cover their warranties.

Btw, here is a top technician in the USA that has in his shop over 250 GTX and RTX cards to fix and he’s overwhelmed by the repair requests for these cards and he doesn’t take in any more GPU cards. I’m not just making this up have a look here; “Graphics Cards Warranties not being honored - Thermaltake Zotac Refused Warranty Blame packaging” etc etc. This is from some very reputable manufacturers that are doing this also with their top of the range 3k plus cards, I won’t mention any names, but that is the case with these GPU’s as allot of them are very poorly build and have low quality components that do go bust and have allot of issues, so my advice is be very careful and research the RX and RTX card ranges that you will invest so much money in, that is my advice to you.

• JohnHolowaty
    JohnHolowaty Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It is the G6-720 model. Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated.