Why can't I install java or optifine on my computer? - Acer Aspire 5 A515-45

Options
amazingswagmaster99
amazingswagmaster99 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2022 in Aspire Laptops
I got my computer, an Acer Aspire 5 around the end of December. One of the first things I did on it was installing a bunch of games, including Minecraft. When I installed Minecraft I wanted to install Optifine, so I went onto Opera GX and downloaded java and Optifine from there. I installed java, but then when I double clicked on Optifine, (it was a .jar file, named Optifine_1.18.1_HD_U_H4). it told me that it can't run on my PC. I tried opening it with java, but realized I couldn't find the installed java, only the setup. It says it is installed in Apps & Features in settings, an app named Java 8 Update 321. I uninstalled Java from Apps & Features and reinstalled it from Internet explorer for some reason and it didn't appear yet again. I was using windows 7/8 launcher since the windows 10 launcher wasn't working when I first got it, but as I was typing this I reinstalled the windows 10 launcher and it started to work. My brother owns the same model computer as me but with different specs, and his laptop can run Optifine perfectly fine, as well as Java appearing in his downloads area. I need help because I want to play mods on Minecraft but im stupid :(

(​//Edited the content to add model name)

Comments

• amazingswagmaster99
    Options
    I THINK IM REALLY STUPID
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>My brother owns the same model computer as me but with different specs>>>

Dozens of A5 models with a world of different specs. Some with spartan specs. Some with decent specs. Which A5 models do you and brother have? For example, A515-57G? Or A514-23? Or A515-74/G? Or....etc etc???

Jack E/NJ

• amazingswagmaster99
    Options
    It is a Aspire A515-45. I realized java is integrated. But when I try to open optifine with java se binary, it shows "java installation not complete" I have java 8 and java 17 downloaded
  • amazingswagmaster99
    Options
    here is the specs:

Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz
    16 GB RAM (15.4 GB Usable)
    it runs on Windows 10 Home

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>> I have java 8 and java 17 downloaded >>>

Please list the complete EXE filenames for the installers you downloaded. Should look something like this

jdk-17.UPDATE_windows-x64_bin.exe.

Jack E/NJ