Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53 - Acer Power Management Compatible to download?

Options
ShangWang
ShangWang Member Posts: 186 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
edited February 2022 in Nitro Gaming
I heard that you can plug in your laptop all day and some software can charge/stop charging at certain points automatically.

Does Acer Power Management have this function, and is it compatible with my model?

I heard there's no way to directly download it since it comes preinstalled but it didn't for mine, can anyone link me to a secure download site/tell me if it's compatible for mine?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    I think Acer has stopped developing ePower and you don't need it in my opinion, use Balanced Plan and it should be sufficient, I would suggest not to use any third party utilities.
  • ShangWang
    Options
    Hi,
    I think Acer has stopped developing ePower and you don't need it in my opinion, use Balanced Plan and it should be sufficient, I would suggest not to use any third party utilities.
    The whole point of what I'm trying to do here is to be able to have my battery charge when it hits 40% and stop charging at 85% while having my laptop plugged in the whole time so I don't have to constantly plug and unplug it to maintain this cycle so I'm not float charging the battery.
    Balanced plan has nothing to do with this. Do you know any application that should be compatible with my model so that I can do this?
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    ShangWang said:
    Hi,
    The whole point of what I'm trying to do here is to be able to have my battery charge when it hits 40% and stop charging at 85% while having my laptop plugged in the whole time so I don't have to constantly plug and unplug it to maintain this cycle so I'm not float charging the battery.
    Balanced plan has nothing to do with this. Do you know any application that should be compatible with my model so that I can do this?
    I am not aware of any utilities to control battery charging but please wait for someone else to help you.
  • Lord_N
    Lord_N Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    ShangWang

1. Download the "Acer Care Center" for your Device.

2. Run the Setup.exe

3. Once inside the Care Center, go to:

Check-Up > Battery Health > (click the arrow once) > Battery Charge Limit > On.

Hope that helps.

• ShangWang
    Options
    Lord_N said:
    ShangWang

1. Download the "Acer Care Center" for your Device.

2. Run the Setup.exe

3. Once inside the Care Center, go to:

Check-Up > Battery Health > (click the arrow once) > Battery Charge Limit > On.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the application suggestion, it doesn't seem like that's an option for me. Where exactly is it?

Do you also know what performance notification does, and if checking your SSD will cause writes to it or does it just read sectors? About how many GB does it write for 500GB? Can you also link me to a site that gives a full description of EVERY function of the care center app? The ones I've found only tell so much briefly.

• Lord_N
    Options

Maybe you need something that comes with your Laptop,  Acer Care Center can be found together with your Device Driver section of your Laptop (it is under Application).

I think that all of the above mentioned utilities are just to checking those devices though (if it on their optimal condition. )
  • ShangWang
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Lord_N said:

Maybe you need something that comes with your Laptop,  Acer Care Center can be found together with your Device Driver section of your Laptop (it is under Application).

I think that all of the above mentioned utilities are just to checking those devices though (if it on their optimal condition. )
    I downloaded the care center directly from my model type, it is not looking like the one you describe.
    I checked the driver section for my model and it does not seem to have anything related.

Perhaps it's not capable of having such function, or are all of them the same? Can you also tell me about the SSD writes I asked about and where I can find detailed info about the whole application functions and settings?

Do I need some other utility or app for this function to work, and if not do you know an alternative application that can be safely used for Acer laptops that does a similar function?
  • Lord_N
    Options
    Hmm, that's odd, since every Laptop must have that sort of capabilities (to not reached the 100% threshold of their battery charge).

Here's the link to the simple explanation of what each module in Acer Care Center can do: Acer Care Center

I dont know of any multi-vendor application that could do such a feat, since their proprietry to each other (ex: Lenovo Vantage)

I uploaded my copy of Acer Care Center, hope that it will work on your System: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgKlrgz544ixgvkqegwEfM4S1GfclQ?e=bYIUYa

• ShangWang
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Lord_N said:
    Hmm, that's odd, since every Laptop must have that sort of capabilities (to not reached the 100% threshold of their battery charge).

Here's the link to the simple explanation of what each module in Acer Care Center can do: Acer Care Center

I dont know of any multi-vendor application that could do such a feat, since their proprietry to each other (ex: Lenovo Vantage)

I uploaded my copy of Acer Care Center, hope that it will work on your System: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgKlrgz544ixgvkqegwEfM4S1GfclQ?e=bYIUYa

Thank you, your file is the exact same as the one I downloaded from my model support website. Unfortunately I just don't think the model supports the function. If all I have to do is run the setup.exe and the app should work immediately upon installation, I don't know what other settings or drives I need for this to work. I'm on balanced battery mode.

I hope someone can pitch in on why it does not work for my model or what drivers I might be missing.

• Lord_N
    edited February 2022
    Options
    ShangWang

I found something on Reddit: You must uninstall the App (Acer Care Center) on the Start Menu and Uninstall it also in Control Panel)

This is the whole thread: INFORMATION!! SOLUTION TO BATTERY CHARGE LIMIT & COOLBOOST RESETTING ON PREDATOR HELIOS LAPTOPS : AcerOfficial (reddit.com)
  • ShangWang
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Lord_N said:
    ShangWang

I found something on Reddit: You must uninstall the App (Acer Care Center) on the Start Menu and Uninstall it also in Control Panel)

This is the whole thread: INFORMATION!! SOLUTION TO BATTERY CHARGE LIMIT & COOLBOOST RESETTING ON PREDATOR HELIOS LAPTOPS : AcerOfficial (reddit.com)
    Thank you for finding that thread, I also installed Acer Quick access to see if it works and nothing. I used revo uninstaller and made sure there are no entries that are leftover from acer care center, I never had additional entries like the guy mentioned. 

I appreciate the help once again, I hope someone with a Nitro model like me can pitch in with how to fix this issue.
  • SamuelSteffler
    SamuelSteffler Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited January 30
    Options

Hello ShangWang ,
    My Acer Care Center also had this problem. However, I solved it by enabling ACC Service on startup. Make sure your app is a clean install. Hit Windows+R to open the Run dialog. Type "msconfig" (without quotes), go to "Services" tab, tick "Hide all Microsoft services" and look for ACC Service from Acer Incorporated. Enable it and reboot the computer. Wait a few moments and reopen the ACC program. Check if all three battery options (including charging limiter) are being shown.
    Feel free to ask any questions (i know, I came almost 2 years late lol)…