The dvd wouldn't work

TOONCES
TOONCES Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I just bought this acer computer from Staples. This is my second. the first one I bought was just before xmas. got it home and it wouldn't work properly. audio file directory was emtpy. had to update it to get it to work, the dvd wouldn't work so we took it back. I bought another recently and I'm having all kinds of problems trying to modify it. Trying to get the auto start feature to work properly. I went into bios set it for 10 am however it won't take the new time, won't start up, yes I saved before I exited. also I'm trying to change the name of the computer however each time I go into settings, and system click about...it goes back to desktop mode each time. I have nothing to reference it. I hate this computer. its actually slower than my 14 year old dell I just replaced. What kind of trash are you putting out. Who's grade 8 science project is this. You need to get your I.T. dial up prodigies to get their act together. I'm taking this shitbox back, Dude...I'm gett'n another Dell1 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    TOONCES said:
    I just bought this acer computer from Staples. This is my second. the first one I bought was just before xmas. got it home and it wouldn't work properly. audio file directory was emtpy. had to update it to get it to work, the dvd wouldn't work so we took it back. I bought another recently and I'm having all kinds of problems trying to modify it. Trying to get the auto start feature to work properly. I went into bios set it for 10 am however it won't take the new time, won't start up, yes I saved before I exited. also I'm trying to change the name of the computer however each time I go into settings, and system click about...it goes back to desktop mode each time. I have nothing to reference it. I hate this computer. its actually slower than my 14 year old dell I just replaced. What kind of trash are you putting out. Who's grade 8 science project is this. You need to get your I.T. dial up prodigies to get their act together. I'm taking this shitbox back, Dude...I'm gett'n another Dell1 

First of all calm down and stop being abusive as it won’t get you anywhere and its just impossible to give you any advice if you don’t give us an exsact model number of this whatever it is but I presume is a desktop, also is it a new model or an old model? As you keep babbling on in circles and making no sense. TOONCES its impossible that you can’t get the model number, give us that first and after calm down and we will help you.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @TOONCES,

May I know the full model name of your unit.