ES1-572-30K0 gets OSOD while playing game

emircnkr
emircnkr Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hi! I have Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-572-30K0 Laptop. I get OSOD (Orange Screen of Death) while playing ETS2 with DirectX. ETS2 works properly with OpenGL. The error code is "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". I can't found anything about this problem. How can I solve this?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Sorry, your model barely meets ETSA2 minimum requirements for playing with the i3-6006u integrated 520 graphics. While some ETSA2 test sites claim it can run directx11, ETSA2 users forums suggest 30fps are about all you can expect from the i3-6006u CPU/GPU combo. Reducing both frame rates and resolutions may help avoid SODs if they're not caused by overheating. Have you monitored  your CPU temps just before the graphics seems to choke?  

Jack E/NJ

• emircnkr

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Sorry, your model barely meets ETSA2 minimum requirements for playing with the i3-6006u integrated 520 graphics. While some ETSA2 test sites claim it can run directx11, ETSA2 users forums suggest 30fps are about all you can expect from the i3-6006u CPU/GPU combo. Reducing both frame rates and resolutions may help avoid SODs if they're not caused by overheating. Have you monitored  your CPU temps just before the graphics seems to choke?  

I have Intel Core i3 6100U version but I see that i3 6100U and 6006U has almost same architecture.

Yes, I test ETS2 with MSI Afterburner OSD. CPU had 65 degree temperature. I saw this temperature is lower than CPU's maximum utilization temperature.
  • JackE
    Temperature seems fine. What happens when if fps and resolution are lower? Also battery must be near 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE starting ETS2 to make sure CPU/GPU power demands can be satisfied if battery needs to supply additional power that the charger alone can't handle.

Jack E/NJ

• emircnkr

Tinkerer

I also get SOD while FPS and resolution are lower. When I wanted to play ETS2, I plug charge and I wait while battery is almost fully. 

By the way I saw ETS2 is stable on Linux with same configuration. 
  • JackE
    edited January 2022
    >>>By the way I saw ETS2 is stable on Linux with same configuration.  >>>

(1) Do you have link where you saw this?
    (2) What Windows version are you using?
    (3) Have you installed and run DriverBooster and DrivePack freeware to see if they can pick up better graphics drivers online?

Jack E/NJ

• emircnkr

Tinkerer

edited January 2022
    1) I tried NixOS and OpenSUSE Tumbleweed on my laptop with same graphics options. It was better than Windows.
    2) I had installed Windows 10 21H2 with clean installing and I had tried Windows 10 1709 and Windows 11 21H2 after first SOD.
    3) I had tried to update drivers with Driver Booster and DriverPack but I couldn't see any difference.
  • JackE
    >>>I had installed Windows 10 21H2 with clean installing and I had tried Windows 10 1709 and Windows 11 21H2 after first SOD.>>>

Was this laptop sold with a factory-installed OEM version of Windows?

Jack E/NJ

• emircnkr

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>I had installed Windows 10 21H2 with clean installing and I had tried Windows 10 1709 and Windows 11 21H2 after first SOD.>>>

Actually I don't know this because I had bought PC from first owner but I didn't ask this. Also I swapped mainboard formerly. (Swap Topic Link)
  • emircnkr

Tinkerer

JackE said:

Actually I don't know this because I bought PC from this PC's first owner before me and I swapped this PC's mainboard formerly. (Mainboard Swapping Topic Link)
  • emircnkr

Tinkerer

edited June 2022
    @JackE , this PC has 2-cell batteries (36Wh) now. Installed mainboard in this laptop's part number is NX.GKQEG.001 (ES1-572-30K0) and original mainboard's part number is NX.GFTEY.010 (ES1-533-C2YZ). Does 4-cells battery have higher voltage output than 2-cells battery? 

• JackE
    Depends on battery. Four cells can be wired in series for higher voltage with same amperes. Or four cells can be wired in paralled with two banks of two cells for higher amperes with same voltage.

Jack E/NJ

• Raheem14233
    Raheem14233 Member Posts: 2 New User

To fix the "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" on your Acer Aspire ES1-572-30K0 laptop running Windows 10, try updating your graphics drivers and DirectX. If the problem persists, consider using OpenGL for ETS2, ensuring your system meets the game's requirements.