TC-885-UA91 Could Not Eject Micro SD Card in USB Adapter and the Removed Card Still Appears

ttttt
ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
 Recently bought some 256 GB micro SD cards.

Inserted a Team Group micro SD card in a Duracell USB adapter (not SD card adapter) and formatted to FAT32 (Win 10 only has exFat) for my car cam with Gparted under Linux Mint. Shut down PC and remove the USB adpater. Later on inserted to the same PC (TC-885-UA91) under Win 10. Before shutting down the PC,  tried to eject the USB adapter/micro SD card and could not find the Safety Removable of Hardware small icon on the Task Bar.
Went to "This PC" and tried right click to eject and found that there was no such "Eject" option.

Shut down the PC and then physically removal the USB adapter.

The next time I booted to Win 10 and I could still see this removed USB  adpater/micro card under "This PC". I did not touch anything there as I knew nothing could be accessed.

Anyone has such an experience? Some methods to fix it?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• ttttt
    Answer ✓
    @Larryodie

Now I know, it is because of my careless and stupid mistake. I have mistaken the Manjaro Linux 2.5" SATA3 SSD as the Micro SD/ USB flash drive.I have several drives attached to the TC-885-UA91, they have 1TB or 500 GB capacities.
    When I used Gparted in Linux Mint to format the 256 GB Micro SD,  I saw a drive with about 240 GB capacity, that ought to be the Micro SD card but forgot that the Manjaro Linux was on a 240 GB drive there too.

I called this a stupid mistake is because this is not the first time that I deleted an OS by mistake. I was just too confident and did it too quick. I should have checked all drives appeared under the small drop down menu in Gparted before proceeded. I did it again!

No wonder what I thought to be the Micro SD card/USB flash drive could not be ejected, how could you eject it when it was actually an internal 2.5" SATA3 SSD? That was also the reason why Manjaro Linux disappeared.

Thank you for the attention and the response.

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    I'm  confused as is the card still in. Can't you just pull it out ?
    Please post a link or picture.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Or push the card in, to eject ?
  • ttttt
    @Larryodie

If I confused you, let me repeat here.

It is a normal pratice for me before unplugging a USB flash drive, I'll try to eject it first eithe from the "Safety Removal of Hardware " icon or right click the drive under "This PC" and click "Eject", or do a PC shutdown first before removing the flash drive.

What my current issue is that the physically removed flash drive (actually the Micro SD card in USB adapter) still appear the next time I boot the PC.

Oh!, I found out that a Manjaro Linux on one of my 2.5" SATA3 SSDs in the PC that normally should show up in the Bootmenu is now disappeared. There must be some kind of relationship between removed flash drive still appear and a should be available Linux Manjaro disappeared.

• ttttt
    Answer ✓
    @Larryodie

Now I know, it is because of my careless and stupid mistake. I have mistaken the Manjaro Linux 2.5" SATA3 SSD as the Micro SD/ USB flash drive.I have several drives attached to the TC-885-UA91, they have 1TB or 500 GB capacities.
    When I used Gparted in Linux Mint to format the 256 GB Micro SD,  I saw a drive with about 240 GB capacity, that ought to be the Micro SD card but forgot that the Manjaro Linux was on a 240 GB drive there too.

I called this a stupid mistake is because this is not the first time that I deleted an OS by mistake. I was just too confident and did it too quick. I should have checked all drives appeared under the small drop down menu in Gparted before proceeded. I did it again!

No wonder what I thought to be the Micro SD card/USB flash drive could not be ejected, how could you eject it when it was actually an internal 2.5" SATA3 SSD? That was also the reason why Manjaro Linux disappeared.

Thank you for the attention and the response.