Predator orion 3000 po3-630, Motherboard case compatibility?

Lackadaisical
Lackadaisical Member Posts: 3 New User
I'm just wondering if you are able to transfer the motherboard of the Predator orion 3000 po3-630 motherboard into a different case because the case that comes with this prebuilt is too small ( I tried to put a CPU tower on but the case was too big). I checked the the motherboard type on my computer and it just said Acer Predator PO3-630  as the motherboard. Can I put this into an atx case?

Best Answer

• messer89
    messer89 Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    I've seen several people on this forum uploaded pisc of their case swaps, so I think it's not a problem, just find one with screw fasteners in right places, but you won't find a custom case that fits your front usb, usb type C and minijack ports, and they are pretty useful, so maybe consider returning your current CPU cooler and buying some smaller one that fits the original case? I use Cooler Master H412R and my CPU temps never get above 75C on full load (I have i7 10700f), most people use Noctua NH-U9S, basically every 92mm cooler should fit.

Answers

• messer89
    messer89 Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    I've seen several people on this forum uploaded pisc of their case swaps, so I think it's not a problem, just find one with screw fasteners in right places, but you won't find a custom case that fits your front usb, usb type C and minijack ports, and they are pretty useful, so maybe consider returning your current CPU cooler and buying some smaller one that fits the original case? I use Cooler Master H412R and my CPU temps never get above 75C on full load (I have i7 10700f), most people use Noctua NH-U9S, basically every 92mm cooler should fit.
  • Lackadaisical
    Lackadaisical Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited January 2022
    Thanks for the info although I'll be using the bigger case, I got headphone jack extenstion leads and usb leads so hopefully I will still able to use them.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,468 Trailblazer
    I'm just wondering if you are able to transfer the motherboard of the Predator orion 3000 po3-630 motherboard into a different case because the case that comes with this prebuilt is too small ( I tried to put a CPU tower on but the case was too big). I checked the the motherboard type on my computer and it just said Acer Predator PO3-630  as the motherboard. Can I put this into an atx case?

Just as additional information your PO3-630 can accommodate a good and very efficient CPU dry cooler like the Noctua NH-U9S series so consider that before you go changing the case and making such drastic mods, but its up to you? As there have been allot of guides on this forum of PO3-630/620 and 600 Predators that fitted the Noctua NH-U9S series cooler and they have had exceptional results and a reduction in temps by as much as 25˚C plus. Just measure the depth from the motherboard to the case door. Then you can tell if it will fit. I believe the width of that case is 6.9"/175.2mm and the depth of the Noctua is 95mm. It should fit fine and you should get great results for very little effort, btw you don’t have to take the mobo out also, see this post “Predator Orion 3000 po3 620 CPU Cooler Upgrade?” for details as it’s the same as your PO3-630