How do I get into the BIOS of my computer (Aspire Z1-601)?

JavierSN
JavierSN Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited January 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I have an acer computer specifically an aspire Z1-601 I want to enter the bios of my computer but I don't know how if someone knows please explain it to me

it's a desktop computer

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JavierSN
    JavierSN Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    I already tried with the f2 key and the delete key but it does not work for me
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @JavierSN

I do not own an AIO PC like yours, but for most Acer PCs, it is keep tapping the F2 (or Fn +F2) key during black screen when bootup to reach the BIOS.

This key may be different between motherboard manufacturers, some use Delete key while bootup.,
  • KanwalAftab
    KanwalAftab Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've been trying to get into my BIOS for about a week. My trick for finding my BIOS key was to video 1 second message that flashes on the bottom of the screen during the startup and playback frame by frame.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    JavierSN said:
    I already tried with the f2 key and the delete key but it does not work for me
    TRY hold FN key and tap delete or Hold FN Key and tap F2 ? 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @JavierSN,

Check with Esc key. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    On your system it's:
    To activate the BIOS Utility, press Del during POST (when Acer logo is prompted on the center of screen).
    Sometimes you will have better luck by holding the Del key while turning it on and keeping it pressed until it says it's entering the BIOS. Note that some Linux installs do a pretty good job of blocking access to the BIOS, setting it for a 0 second wait time to look for the key.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @JavierSN

This reminded me of the bad keyboard when I got my Acer desktop, the keyboard was defective.

Try use another USB keyboard and see if it will make any difference.

Anyway, hold down Fn key and keep tapping F2 key or just keep tapping the Delete key when bootup. Normally, there should be a message at the bottom part of the screen when bootup, telling you which key to press to reach BIOS, but this message is of very short duration. You have to pay attention to read it.