Acer ED273 Curved 27" Monitors shift the right half of the screen down about half an inch.

Options
dclutter1
dclutter1 Member Posts: 1 New User
I have 4 of these monitors.  2 on my PC, and 1 each on 2 other PCs.  All of them shift the right side of the screen down periodically like in the pic.  The monitors are 1-3 years old, but they've all done it as long as I've had them.  The only way I've found to fix it is to turn the monitor off and back on.  That's a pain because the joystick/button on these is not easy to manipulate.

They've all seen various systems, different GPUs, CPUs, everything - and they do this no matter which they're connected to.  If all 4 of mine do this, I CAN'T be the only one right?

I've tried a ton of different DP cables with no difference.  

My current system specs:
Processor:  AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor                3.60 GHz
Installed RAM:  32.0 GB
System type:  64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
GPU:  Geforce GTX 1060

I keep all systems up to date with windows updates, Geforce drives, etc.

This happens inconsistently and I can't force it to do it.  I'd say it happens about 10% of the time any of the 4 turns on.  

https://imgur.com/cifwm8F

Any ideas?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    They are likely too old for warranty, but that is the path you should have taken with them. I can't think of anything on the PC side that would cause that behavior with different GPUs and cables...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.