Acer Aspire Switch 10E SW3-016 - Can I downgrade OS from 64bit to 32bit?

5ER95BB
5ER95BB Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2022 in Switch Series
Hello.
I have a 2v1 Acer Aspire Switch 10E SW3-016 with 64bit Win10. Can I downgrade to Win10 32bit OS ?
This tablet has only 2GB RAM (non-extensible) and system is slow.

In Acer official website I'm not find a 32bit drivers.
Is it possible to downgrade to 32bit OS?
Thanks.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    Yeah, I think they only shipped that model with the 64bit OS, which is why they don't have the 32bit drivers. You might be able to find 32bit equivalent drivers through Windows update, but there would be no guaranties... The primary advantage to moving to 32bit won't be a speed difference, it will instead take up less room on the disk, which can be important for the 32GB drive versions.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 5ER95BB
    5ER95BB Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank for you answer.
    I can't install 32bit OS becouse in F12 boot menu is only "Windows Boot Manager" i.e. boot from eMMC (SSD).
    I tried :
    - many USB flash disk (USB 2.0 and 3.0) with original Windows 10 32bit installer created from Media creation tool (Microsoft)
    - connect USB flash disk  to USB A port in the dock (keyboard)  
    - connect USB flash disk direct to tablet (with USB A - microUSB OTG reduction)
    - turn off secury boot in BIOS settings (F2)
    - turn on secury boot again and selected as UEFI file as trusted for extecuting

64bit installer Windows 10 from USB  is fully support and operational (When I connect USB flash disk with 64 bit Win10 Installer, I can booting from USB and install then .... When I connect USB flash disk with 32 bit Win10 Installer, I can't boot from this USB flash disk).....

Is there a solution to install a 32 bit OS?

p.s. Sorry for my a little bit low english skills (grammar).

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The 32bit EFI file is not going to be recognized as correct, but disabling Secure Boot should allow it anyway. The issue is going to be the lack of 32bit drivers for your hardware. A 32bit install flash drive should be shown the same as 64bit install flash drive when Secure Boot is disabled. If it's not then they have the 32bit OS blocked completely and you will have to stay with a 64bit OS.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pratap7895
    Pratap7895 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, you can't install 32 bit version of windows,, it only supports 64 bit, which is too heavy,, but you can install windows 10 ltsc which is perfect for this small laptop,,

Other Operating system which supports in this

1. Android-x86_64-7.1-r5.iso

(Work perfectly,, issue docking and power button sleeps the tablet and do not wakeup without force shutdown, and auto rotation not working)

AndChrome is flex (sound is not working)