Long Beep, already tried removing RAM - Aspire TC-895-UA92

MellyBean
MellyBean Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
When I turn on my Aspire TC-895-UA92 desktop, I hear a continuous beep. I tried removing one of the RAM sticks and starting it up again, then tried with the other RAM stick to see if one of them was defective. There was a still a continuous beep. Ehat should I try next?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Can you do an (FN+ALT and tap the F10 key) or maybe just (ALT + tap the F10) ?
  • MellyBean
    No, that's not doing anything. I am seeing no response from my monitor at all. When I unplug the monitor and reconnect it, it says there is no input signal.
  • MellyBean
    Larryodie said:
    Can you do an (FN+ALT and tap the F10 key) or maybe just (ALT + tap the F10) ?
    No, that's not doing anything. I am seeing no response from my monitor at all. When I unplug the monitor and reconnect it, it says there is no input signal.
  • Larryodie
    Also be sure that all your USB plugs are disconnected including the KB and Mouse

Possibly try booting a WIN 10 recovery drive. You have to do a FN +F12 when booting.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-recovery-drive-abb4691b-5324-6d4a-8766-73fab304c246
  • G_Larry
    G_Larry Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I have a TC-866 and recently upgraded from 8GB to 32GB. I, too, got the long beep first time up. Took out 1, got long beep again. Realized BOTH of them were not seated correctly first time. Took both out, reseated, and all went fine. Hope your experience is similar. Good luck!!
  • Larryodie
    I am not positive that you can boot with ONLY 1 RAM. Not sure but maybe someone knows ??

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @MellyBean

One long beep means BIOS damaged or other BIOS problems. You may need to replace BIOS chip/motherboard.

This can be rather costly if you get the replacement motherboard from Acer, unless you can find third party replacement at reasonable cost.

For the mean time, try take out the CMOS battery for more than two hours and allow the BIOS to reset, but I doubt if it can solve the issue. Just try something without cost and test your luck.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @MellyBean

I am sorry, one long beep means memory problems or the motherboard interfacing with the memory is having problem. 

Try spray some electrical contact cleaner to the memory connectors or reseating the memory modules a few times to ensure clean contacts there. Spray with compressed air will help too.

Also, as @G_Larry said, make sure the memory modules are seating properly. Make sure you hear the snap sound for the latch closing when seating the RAM modules.

I hope it is not the motherboard interfacing problem, otherwise my earlier post will become valid.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Yes, continuous log beep is a ram problem, usually a modules that's not well seated or the wrong type or size of memory. @MellyBean what memory are you using and which slots are you trying?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.