Can I place a Intel Core I73770 into a Veriton L4610G using the cooling ribs that are in the 4610?

Options
Reiny
Reiny Member Posts: 2 New User
Can I place an Intel I7 3770 processor in an Acer Veriton L4610 without an extra cooler but with the passive cooling that is standard L Socket = LGA1155. Mini PC is from 2011

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Veriton L4610G models support the Sandy Bridge processors, which are the Intel 2nd gen. The i7-3770 is 3rd gen and will not work. What CPU is in it now? As long as you match the gen, the socket and the TDP you should be good, though it likely will make very little difference with overall system speed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    So the i7-2600 is a direct drop in replacement, but you won't see much of an increase in overall speed. Typically we suggest first doing a HDD -> SSD upgrade, then memory to max, then GPU if applicable and only CPU after the rest are done.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Veriton L4610G models support the Sandy Bridge processors, which are the Intel 2nd gen. The i7-3770 is 3rd gen and will not work. What CPU is in it now? As long as you match the gen, the socket and the TDP you should be good, though it likely will make very little difference with overall system speed.
  • Reiny
    Reiny Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I now have a Core I5 2400 in it and it runs well. Thanks for the reply !
  • billsey
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    So the i7-2600 is a direct drop in replacement, but you won't see much of an increase in overall speed. Typically we suggest first doing a HDD -> SSD upgrade, then memory to max, then GPU if applicable and only CPU after the rest are done.
  • Azizgaouas
    Azizgaouas Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have acer veriton l4610g

I changed hdd to ssd then i upgrade memory from 4gb to 8gb

Can i upgrade cpu to i7 2600s without change the gpu ??

Please answer

• billsey
    Options

Yes, you should be able to run an i7-2600S as a drop in replacement. That will give you a few more threads, but essentially no real speed improvement for most applications.