Why did my chrome book stop working brand new?

EleriM
EleriM Member Posts: 1 New User
Just a quick overview, I bought the chrome book brand new in September for £500 with a year product insurance through Very. I’m not sure which model it is. I took it out of the box and set it up, used it briefly a couple of times, not even long enough to take to Uni and do work on it. I noticed that the battery was about to die one day so I went to grab the charger and plug it in but it was too late and it was already dead. So I plugged it in and waited for it to charge but nothing happened. I tried changing the fuse in the plug of the charger in case it had blown or something but it made no difference. I phoned acer and they said that they would send me a tracking label thing for it to be picked up and be assessed for repair. But when the tracking label came here, it wouldn’t work, it like wouldn’t let me select my address or something like that so I ended up leaving the laptop in the box and using my old one, but the screen doesn’t stay up on the old one because the hinges are broken so I’m fed up haha. Does anyone know if this is a common problem with acer laptops and if there is anything I can do to make my laptop come on. Thanks.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    is it a USB-C charger? If so its worth checking if it works on another phone :) And i think theres only one of the ports which lets the charge in so its worth seeing to makee sure you have the right one :)