Acer Nitro 5 battery not responding to charge

Youngben11
Youngben11 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited January 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hello team, so I bought an Acer Nitro 5 laptop via eBay but item arrived defective. The device works 100% however the battery is unable to hold any charge . As a result as soon as the charger is disconnected, the device GOES OFF / SHUTS DOWN. I’ve tried the following 
1. updating all drivers and doing full windows updates . (Didn’t work) 
2. placed device on charge for several hours . (Didn’t work) 
3. Uninstalled the battery drivers via task manager and shut down machine . AFTER TURNING DEVICE ON, I NOTICE THE BATTERY BEGINS TO CHARGE BUT LASTS JUST A ABOUT 30 SECONDS AND THEN IT STOPS CHARGING . It won’t  charge again until I repeat this process 🚨

🚨🚨🚨 Can anyone assist with any solution please ❓

I see some solution where the battery is REFRIGERATED / passed through an electrical circuit (kicking) but haven’t tried these yet ❗️❗️❗️

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    I really wouldnt refidgerate the battery, there would be risk of compromising it, and if condensation got in, or it froze, thats a recipe for explosions and fire. 

Does the battery report show the information about the battery? If it does it leads me to think its the charging circutry rather than the battery itself, does anything look off on the motherboard?