Acer Aspire A515-43 Will Not Charge

I was using my Acer for hours, the power saver mode came on. I continued working then realized I better plug in. Without realizing, it was not charging then it was too late. It powered off. Since the, I have not been able to get it to charge. I have tried ALL of the basic steps: F10 + Power, pinhole on the bottom. Everything. Nothing is working. The LED battery light won't come on either. The only light that has been working (since Tuesday) is the power light. When I click the power button, the LED blue light blinks a few times then stops. Nothing is working. I have only had this since December 6th and the original manufacturing date is 8/62021 so it's not like it's an old computer. Can someone please help me?

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 21,697 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    If you see a battery reset pinhole at the base cover, you can try a battery reset, shut down the laptop, disconnect from mains and follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 Mins, reconnect the AC adaptor and fully charge the battery before start using.
    https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/75-acer-internal-battery-reset
  • sleepawakemollysleepawakemolly Member Posts: 2 New User
    I appreciate your response. As I stated, I did find the pinhole and tried to reset it that way, I tried the ALT + F10 + Power button, I've tried charging via HDMI cord attached to my TV. I've tried everything everyone has told me to do. And there is no need to shut it down. Again, as I stated it completely died as I was working and didn't realize it wasn't charging which is where the problem started. I haven't been able to get it to charge or power on ever since Tuesday. I have tested the cord with the computer I use to work from home and it charges, so I know it's not the cord. And I've also use a tester to be certain it was getting the correct 19V DVA/DVC. I will check out the link you provided. Thanks again.  
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 21,697 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    My apologies for not reading your post properly, may be it's too early for me 😱 anyway, I would suggest you return it for a refund or replacement to the retailer if it's possible because a new laptop behaving in this manner is very rare, so I suspect it may have come from a bad batch.