TOPIC: CPU Compatibility for PO3-630G-UW91

Options
TheDrama
TheDrama Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Does anyone have a list of compatible CPUs? I have no desire to upgrade to Windows 11 and mainly looking for a lower end CPU to tie me over. I broke 3 pins on the 10400F it came with.

Answers

• TheDrama
    TheDrama Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    typo in post, it came with a 11400F
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Any of the i#-10###F processors will work, and likely the non-F ones as well, albeit with the higher cost associated with the builtin GPU versions. The key is to pick a model that has the same TPD so you don't have to upgrade the cooling too. So, for your system an i7-10700F or i9-10900F would be best. Either of those might also want faster memory, since the i5 uses 2666 and the i7/i9 use 2933. If you machine is one of the one that Acer put 3200 memory in there's no need for an upgrade since that will run at 2933 just fine. If you decide you just have to have a K processor (or KF) then plan on revamping cooling to handle the extra power requirements. None of those upgrades will make a huge difference in performance though.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.