Acer Spin 3 SP313-51N webcam not working in win 11

Options
Marksmith34
Marksmith34 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited January 2022 in Windows 11
I have a Acer Spin 3 SP313-51N which has upgraded to windows 11. The webcam isn't working.

In device manager there is no camera or imaging device showing, but there is an unknown device.

How can i get this working. Do i need a driver from somewhere?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    No driver needed, it's the underlying internal USB port that camera sits on that's acting up. Try reinstalling the chipset drivers for W11 from the Acer site if they are available.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Marksmith34

Tinkerer

Options
    The Acer website doesn't have chipset drivers for W11, just for Win10 62bit. I tried installing these but still the same, the camera doesn't show in device manager.
    If i select 'View' 'Show hidden devices' there is a 'Other Device - Unknow device' If i go into 'Properties' - 'Details' it shows as: USB\VID_04F2&PID_B5C5&MI_00\6&1DD91332&0&0000

I tried installing a driver for this from my laptop c:/ and from windows update but it stays as an unknown device. 

I'm sure i'm getting closer to getting this one fixed.

I also tried resetting windows, but it just re-installed a clean Win 11, still the same issue though.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Download all drivers available from windows OPTIONAL UPDATES! Beware of the insyde firmware intel driver as it updates the bios.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Marksmith34

Tinkerer

Options
    There aren’t any optional updates showing. Maybe the webcam is faulty….
  • billsey
    Options
    No, those USB device numbers look normal for a webcam. VID_04F2 is a Chicony device, PID_B5C5 is a reasonably new webcam.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does any driver appear on the unknown device?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Marksmith34

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for the reply.
    Against the unknow device the driver shows as 'No Driver file required or have been loaded for this device'.

How do i get the driver for it? Or should it need one?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked if the windows OPTIONAL UPDATES find this driver?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Marksmith34

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, windows updates shows 0 available optional updates.

If i uninstall the unknown device, it disappears until i re-install the chipset drivers.

Has anyone got a Spin 3 313-51N working in Win 11 with the inbuilt webcam?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you reinstall windows by pressing alt+f10?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Marksmith34

Tinkerer

Options
    If i reset windows, it re-installs win 11. But after setting up win 11, it's exactly the same, no device in device manager, no webcam found.
  • billsey
    Options
    The Logitech webcam I am using on my "desktop" (actually a laptop with an eGPU to drive all the monitors) also had issues with W11 initially, but one of the updates over the last week or two fixed it.
  • Marksmith34

Tinkerer

Options
    I tried reverting back to win 10, even in the clean win 10 install the webcam doesn’t show in device manager and the camera app shows no camera attached.
    It’s still under warranty, so I’ll talk to Acer about it. Thanks for the help everyone.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try resetting the battery:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhgnxUJoZo&list=FLVBqwtBw09_Z9tXo1Injakw&index=3
    Sometimes this fixes some problems.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer