Upgrade parts for my aspire Intel Pentium Silver J5040 XC-830-EB11

Hello, I would like to upgrade my cpu and gpu! But I'm not sure which ones would be best for my computers, or if it's even possible to upgrade. And is it worth the money? Thank you for answering my question as soon as possible<3! 

Best Answer

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer âś“
    @InfectiousHero

If you use x2  (or overbuy a little, using x4 type) M.2 NVMe SSD, it will be even faster than 2.5" SATA3 SSD by another 2-3 times.

Answers

• InfectiousHero
    InfectiousHero Member Posts: 3 New User
    CPU: Intel Pentium Silver J5005
    GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 605
    RAM: 8GB DDR4
    Power Supply: 65W
  • ttttt
    @InfectiousHero

Are there any special needs that you must do the upgrades? Are you going to use the PC to play the modern games? Your PC now, if paired with x2 M.2 NVMe SSD should be basically O.K. for day to day operations other than gaming and heavy video editing.

Generally speaking, I'll advise people not to do motherboard and CPU upgrades, as the cost invovle is close to buying an entry level modern PC. For example, people can buy 11th gen or 10th gen entry level PCs now around USD $450-$580 with the performance way faster than your current PC and using the current technologies.
  • InfectiousHero
    InfectiousHero Member Posts: 3 New User
    @ttttt

Yes I am playing Valorant and I would like to make a small upgrade to improve my fps! Do you have any idea aobut a cpu that is compatible to my machine and not that expensive? Or even an upgrade that could help inhance the computer's performance for new games!(Doesn't have to be cpu or gpu)

Thanks!
  • ttttt
    @InfectiousHero

You have not mentioned what kind of drive that you use for storage. If you are still using traditional mechanical drive, then it is a good idea to replace it with a 2.5" SATA3 SSD, as it is three times faster than traditional HDD.
    This will definitely improve the peformance of your PC significantly.
  • ttttt
    Answer âś“
    @InfectiousHero

If you use x2  (or overbuy a little, using x4 type) M.2 NVMe SSD, it will be even faster than 2.5" SATA3 SSD by another 2-3 times.