Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44-R7ZU only boots when plugged in

Nayu
Nayu Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello, as the title says my nitro 5 only boots when it is plugged in.

It occurs when I leave the laptop turned off for 12-24 hours, after that I cannot turn it on without being plugged in but after I plug it in the outlet it functions fine even when removing the charger and even boots fine without it, but once again when I leave it off for 12-24 hours it does not boot on battery again thus the cycle repeats.

I’ve tried battery resetting but the issue is still there. I tried draining the battery and charging it to full but it still happens. I have also tried reinstalling battery drivers and battery calibration but to no luck.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    @did you try to update the BIOS?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Nayu
    edited January 2022
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @did you try to update the BIOS?
    Hello sorry for the late reply, no I did not try updating the BIOS. Should I try and update it?
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    @Nayu yes, you can try it. But make sure that the laptop is plugged in and do not turn off during the BIOS update.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Nayu
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @Nayu yes, you can try it. But make sure that the laptop is plugged in and do not turn off during the BIOS update.

Hi, I checked my BIOS Version through the Acer Care Center app and it seems to be the latest bios version, the bios version listed in the driver website for AN515-44 are v1.04 (what my bios version is), v1.03, and v1.02. Should I try downgrading?