"Body is 9 characters too short" thread error message I cannot answer Jack E...

orvieto11
orvieto11 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited January 2022 in Aspire Laptops
I cannot answer the following my thread with this error message "Body is 9 characters too short"

Hopefully Jack E find this message. Thank you!

Hi Jack,
Thank you so much for your suggestion.
Your last suggestion (BIO Security) started the resetting process, but I went to bed when it was 65%. This morning when I booted it, it took a long time (spinning with Acer logo), but went to "Your PC ran into a problem..." blue screen and shut it off by itself.

Now because I followed your first suggestion, F12 works (I can select W10 USB thumb drive), but it doesn't boot from it, and goes to the same blue screen and shut off.

Thank you again and any more suggestions?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    ALT+F10 often fails on the first and second attempts. Try it again.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>Thank you Jack,Now nothing (ALT+F10 / F12 boot from USB) works. It just spins for several minutes (Acer logo and spinning) and goes to blue screen, then shut it off by itself. It's still a decent PC, and I'd like to save it, but it looks like some kind of hardware problem?>>>

Does the blue screen have any error messages. If not, boot from the USB stick and try to get to the command prompt option in troubleshooting. Please try to continue this in the old thread so we don't duplicate efforts or cross purposes

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    ALT+F10 often fails on the first and second attempts. Try it again.

Jack E/NJ

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi, Click the Forward/Backward icon and delete everything in the field, then you can type your reply and post.

• orvieto11

Tinkerer

Thank you Jack,
    Now nothing (ALT+F10 / F12 boot from USB) works. It just spins for several minutes (Acer logo and spinning) and goes to blue screen, then shut it off by itself.

It's still a decent PC, and I'd like to save it, but it looks like some kind of hardware problem?

Really appreciate your help.

• orvieto11

Tinkerer

Thank you brummyfan2,
    I will try it for my old thread.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    orvieto11 said:
    Thank you brummyfan2,
    I will try it for my old thread.
    No problem  :)
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited January 2022
    Did you try booting and immediately hold the power button til it shuts off. Repeat twice. On the 4th time it should go to REPAIR.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>Thank you Jack,Now nothing (ALT+F10 / F12 boot from USB) works. It just spins for several minutes (Acer logo and spinning) and goes to blue screen, then shut it off by itself. It's still a decent PC, and I'd like to save it, but it looks like some kind of hardware problem?>>>

Does the blue screen have any error messages. If not, boot from the USB stick and try to get to the command prompt option in troubleshooting. Please try to continue this in the old thread so we don't duplicate efforts or cross purposes

Jack E/NJ

• orvieto11

Tinkerer

Hi guys, sorry for late reply.
    I just want to say thank you to everyone, especially JackE!

I tried to boot several times from the USB thumb without any success. Per JAckE's advice I tried several more times, and it booted from the thumb drive. You were right JackE, thank you so much.

PC boots and works OK now, but there are several drivers with yellow attention mark.
    They are under device manager - "Other devises":
    1. PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller
    2. PCI Devises
    3. PCI Memory Controller
    4. PCI Bus Controller
    There are many drivers at Acer site, but I cannot find those drivers.
    Any suggestions?

THANK YOU AGAIN!

• JackE
    Congrats on your success. Thanks for reporting back. Try the ACER chipset and io drivers first. If still some yellow warnings then try downloading and installing DriverBooster and/or DriverPack freeware tools to see if they can pick up any better drivers on line.

Jack E/NJ

• orvieto11

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Congrats on your success. Thanks for reporting back. Try the ACER chipset and io drivers first. If still some yellow warnings then try downloading and installing DriverBooster and/or DriverPack freeware tools to see if they can pick up any better drivers on line.
    OK thank you again for your suggestion. I will try it later tonight or tomorrow.
    Really appreciate your help JackE!

• Rickythadragon
    Rickythadragon Member Posts: 3 New User

Wanted to say that I tried this and that it works w/o issue. Thanks
  • Rickythadragon
    Rickythadragon Member Posts: 3 New User
    HAVE TO CLICK LEFT AND RIGHT ARROWS then type in your message in order to not have the 9 body character count error. Somethings buggy on the ACER site here or im just not doing something right on my end! Anywy that works and thanks to the person who put up the fix for it bcuz it wasnt me. Like i said the sites bugy and i cant find the post from the guy who posted it and dont like o take claim for things i didnt do. But ive spent 20 min trying to leave 3 messages here so im outta here.Have a good day