Hello does NVMe M.2 Fit in this latpop Acer 515-55-53E5

Deyalord
Deyalord Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2022 in Nitro Gaming
SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB, M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Hard Drive with V-NAND Technology for Gaming, Graphic Design, MZ-V7S1T0B/AM

fit my Acer 515-55-53E5? it says PCIE / Sata and saw a amazon comments saying it wouldnt work because it was sata

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• Deyalord
    Answer ✓
    Bit of an update I didn't know if NVMe would work but u tried anyways and installed it. It showed on the settings. So I used a third party app and cloned whats on the old ssd to the new one and while I was doing this I saw there was thermal on it. I then looked on the cover and there was a thermal plate very nice 
    And so after I cloned the Ssd I replaced the old one with the 1TB 
    And after I allocated space into the slot my space went from 250gb to 1tb and everything works fine 🙂 

Answers

• Deyalord
    oh would i need to buy a third party thermal pad for the SSD. and if i wanted to replaced the default SSD with the 1TB SSD i was told i needed to copy over the SSD before i could remove the old SSD. how would you copy it over?
  • Deyalord
    Answer ✓
    Bit of an update I didn't know if NVMe would work but u tried anyways and installed it. It showed on the settings. So I used a third party app and cloned whats on the old ssd to the new one and while I was doing this I saw there was thermal on it. I then looked on the cover and there was a thermal plate very nice 
    And so after I cloned the Ssd I replaced the old one with the 1TB 
    And after I allocated space into the slot my space went from 250gb to 1tb and everything works fine 🙂