Maximum battery capacity on Acer Aspire a715-41g-R0PB

olbana
olbana Member Posts: 4 New User
I have had this laptop for less then a month and the maximum capacity on it dropped 5000 MWH while just being used normally the laptop lasts 3 and a half hours. I did do a battery re calibration and it gave me 2000 MWH more. I am very concerned.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,780 Trailblazer
    Batteries typically lose between 10-20% per year of their original design capacity. This sounds about right for your laptop. Nonetheless, go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• olbana
    JackE said:
    Batteries typically lose between 10-20% per year of their original design capacity. This sounds about right for your laptop. Nonetheless, go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

This is what it says also in HWINFO it says 5,7% wear
    S
  • olbana
    Though wouldnt 5% wear on the battery when the laptop is only 20 days old be pretty alarming?
  • JackE
    No. You shouldn't  be alarmed.

It  sounds about the right wear level or even less from the approximate manufacturing date taken the BIOS date,  not from the date you acquired it. The laptop was not manufactured on the date you purchased it. And the battery naturally wears even if it's hasn't been used and considered brand new.

The UPC label on the box the laptop came in might show the manufacturing date. And the  battery manufacturing date is even older. Your battery is fine and showing normal or even less than normal wear.

Jack E/NJ

• olbana
    JackE said:
    No. You shouldn't  be alarmed.

It  sounds about the right wear level or even less from the approximate manufacturing date taken the BIOS date,  not from the date you acquired it. The laptop was not manufactured on the date you purchased it. And the battery naturally wears even if it's hasn't been used and considered brand new.

The UPC label on the box the laptop came in might show the manufacturing date. And the  battery manufacturing date is even older. Your battery is fine and showing normal or even less than normal wear.

Oh alright and this also explains why the laptop was completely drained when i took it out of the box also on the box it says the manufacturing date is 2021 it only shows the year
  • JackE
    Yes, this is why the quick start manuals usually recommend fully charging the battery (charge LED indicator turns steady blue) before trying to turn the machine on for the first time. Your battery should be fine. 

Jack E/NJ