Touchpad works inconsistently AN515-54

willd
willd Member Posts: 2 New User
Issue has been present since getting the laptop but seems to be getting worse and more frequent lately. Up until recently, the issue has been that the courser will just become laggy and jello-y. Almost like acceleration is on (it's not). Problem goes away immediately when I close the lid and immediately reopen it.

Last couple weeks - the courser will stop moving or it will stutter and click itself while trying to move it. This doesn't seem to fix itself by closing the lid. About half of the time it will start moving again normally if I click the touchpad. The laptop came from Acer Recertified.

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi @willd,

Try to disable and re-enable the touchpad through the hot keys. 

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @willd try to update the Windows and touchpad driver to see if it helps.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • willd
    willd Member Posts: 2 New User
    Windows just updated and I am using the latest driver from the Acer site. Still having the same issue.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @willd try to contact Acer or the place that you bought the laptop from. It might be the hardware problem.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi @willd,

Try to disable and re-enable the touchpad through the hot keys.