Acer Nitro got stuck at loading and rebooting loop after "Reset This PC". Nitro 5 (AN515-41),

jadharvey
jadharvey Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hi Acer Community,

I hope you're all doing great.

I have a little concern about my old laptop, so I have reset, Reset This PC, my old laptop, Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-41), then after it's done downloading the OS, Windows 10, from the cloud it restarted.
After the restart it went to Acer Logo with spinner icon loading animation after that it will go to the spinner icon again but this time it has a small word Welcome.
After that, it will head straight to the blue screen saying "Installing Windows 64% Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while." but only after a few milliseconds, it will loop back to Acer Logo then it will repeat the process. 

FYI: The "Installing Windows 64% Don't turn off your PC" will only blink only then it will loop back to Acer Logo.

Process: Acer Logo > Spinner Icon Welcome > Installing Windows 64% > Acer Logo > Spinner Icon Welcome > Installing Windows 64% > LOOP.

Should I just let it loop and wait? or it is forever stuck?

Please help.

Thank you so much.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    jadharvey

After you click on reset this pc , you are suppose to chose remove everything

click on local reinstall instead of cloud download - just remove my files - click on reset

It will be in progress.. 

If it is still not working then we have to do a refresh and reset

If you are able to boot into windows please follow the steps given below

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top  - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove everything
    chose keep my files 
    chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 
    It will be in progress.. 
    login to computer and start using the computer. 

If it is still not working 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 
    chose remove everything 
    click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset

It will be in progress

Note:

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) -  all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos  will still be intact.   Only the applications will be lost

If you do reset  ( remove everything )  - you are doing a factory default.   It will become like a day one computer.    It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer. 

You can also do the recovery in an alternative way..

If you are not able to boot into windows then please try the following steps... 

There are two alt keys on the keyboard.  If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar.  The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car.  Turn off the computer.  Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.   It will go to repair mode.  It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot.   If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer.  Turn on the computer.  Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt )  and then tap f10 continuously.  It will go to chose an option continue and troubleshoot..

Click on troubleshoot – reset this pc

It will show you keep my files and remove everything..

chose keep my files 

chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 
    It will be in progress..

If it is not working… 

chose remove everything 

It will be in progress

If it is not working… 

chose remove everything 
    click on local reinstall – Fully Clean the Drive - click on reset

It will be in progress

If it is still not working try these steps..

Try this method..

On a different working computer. 

Go to the website 
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
    Below the info Create Windows 10 installation media
    click on download tool now.. 
    It will download the windows media creation tool  - click on media creation file on the lower left corner.
    Insert a blank 8 gb flash drive 
    it will download and install the windows 10 on the blank flash drive.. 

Now insert the flash drive on the broken computer
    Boot it using flash drive..
    click on install
    chose custom
    on where do you want to install windows screen - remove all the partitions
    It will become like one single unallocated space  
    There is no need to format it.. 
    chose the unallocated space 
    click on next 
    It will install the operating system. 

In order to start the computer using Windows 10 usb flash drive follow the steps given below

How to start the computer using usb

Turn off the computer.   Tap f2 while turning on the computer.   It will go to bios.  
    On the main menu - Go to f12 boot menu - It will show as disabled -   Press enter on disabled.   Chose enabled. 
    Go to the boot menu on the top 
    chose Boot mode - uefi   
    Secure  boot - enabled 
    press f10 - save the changes.. 

While turning on the computer tap f12 - it will show boot menu.   You can chose the usb flash drive and start booting the computer using usb.. 

If you are still not able to boot  using usb.   Go to bios -  Try f9 - load bios defaults  -  on the boot mode - try legacy instead of uefi.    Chose secure boot as disabled and check.   On the authentication tab you can set the supervisor password and check. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    jadharvey

click on local reinstall instead of cloud download - just remove my files - click on reset

It will be in progress.. 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top  - click on get started 

chose keep my files 
    It will be in progress.. 

chose remove everything 

It will be in progress

Note:

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) -  all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos  will still be intact.   Only the applications will be lost

If you do reset  ( remove everything )  - you are doing a factory default.   It will become like a day one computer.    It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer. 

There are two alt keys on the keyboard.  If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar.  The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car.  Turn off the computer.  Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.   It will go to repair mode.  It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot.   If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer.  Turn on the computer.  Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt )  and then tap f10 continuously.  It will go to chose an option continue and troubleshoot..

chose keep my files 

It will be in progress..

If it is not working… 

chose remove everything 

It will be in progress

If it is not working… 

chose remove everything 

It will be in progress

Try this method..

Go to the website 
    It will download the windows media creation tool  - click on media creation file on the lower left corner.

click on install
    chose custom
    click on next 

In order to start the computer using Windows 10 usb flash drive follow the steps given below

Turn off the computer.   Tap f2 while turning on the computer.   It will go to bios.  
    On the main menu - Go to f12 boot menu - It will show as disabled -   Press enter on disabled.   Chose enabled. 
    chose Boot mode - uefi   
    Secure  boot - enabled 

While turning on the computer tap f12 - it will show boot menu.   You can chose the usb flash drive and start booting the computer using usb.. 

If you are still not able to boot  using usb.   Go to bios -  Try f9 - load bios defaults  -  on the boot mode - try legacy instead of uefi.    Chose secure boot as disabled and check.   On the authentication tab you can set the supervisor password and check. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• jadharvey
    jadharvey Member Posts: 2 New User
    jadharvey

It will be in progress.. 

or 

chose keep my files 
    It will be in progress.. 

chose remove everything 

It will be in progress

Note:

chose keep my files 

It will be in progress..

If it is not working… 

chose remove everything 

It will be in progress

If it is not working… 

chose remove everything 

It will be in progress

Try this method..

Go to the website 

click on install
    chose custom
    click on next 

chose Boot mode - uefi   
    Secure  boot - enabled 

You have a very in-depth guide on how to fix the "reset this pc" issue.
    But I have another problem, my PC doesn't boot to bios even though I press the following buttons right after I open the PC
    - F1
    - F2
    - F8
    - F12

It does not allow me to boot to any and just go straight to the loop.
  • @jadharvey

I would like to show you different ways of going into bios on Acer laptops. 

On most of the Acer Laptops F2 is the key to go into bios..    Tap f2 while turning on the computer.   It should go to bios..  

If it is still not working then connect a external keyboard to laptop and tap f2 on external keyboard while turning on the computer and check.   It should go to Bios.

There is an alternative way to go into bios. .

Try to go to repair mode by holding the alt + f10 or alt gr + f10 while turning on the computer.   It will show you chose an option , continue, troubleshoot.
    Go to troubleshoot , go to advanced options - click on uefi firmware and click on restart.   It will go to bios. 

If you are able to login to the sign on screen..  On the sign on login screen please hold the shift key on keyboard and press the power button on the screen.  Power button will be on the top right or bottom right corner of the screen.   Click on power button.   It will show you sleep shutdown and restart.   Please continue to hold the shift key and click on restart.    It will take you to chose an option , continue , troubleshoot.   Go to troubleshoot , go to advanced options - click on uefi firmware and click on restart.   It will go to bios. 

If you are able to see the desktop and icons.   Try windows + x - it will show you a menu.   Click on shutdown on the bottom of menu -  It will show you sleep, shutdown and restart.     Hold the shift key on keyboard and click on restart by pressing the power button on the screen.    It will take you to chose an option , continue , troubleshoot.   Go to troubleshoot , go to advanced options - click on uefi firmware and click on restart.   It will go to bios. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★