Acer TC-1660-EB11 BIOS question

conch13
conch13 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited January 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
hello and happy new years!

I have an Acer TC-1660-EB11 and I noticed there is an "Enhance System Performance" selection under the BIOS upgrades  for the TC-1660, would this be the same as my TC-1660-EB11 or would i have to find a different BIOS?

Also does anyone know what would be enhanced by adding this BIOS selection.

Thank you and have a good night!

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @conch13

The TC-1660 updates will be good for all TC-1660 PCs.

Check out the link:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8935?b=1

Latest verion is R01-A4, came out just a few days ago.
  • conch13
    @ttttt Thanks a lot I updated the  firmware no issues at all! much appreciated and happy New Years to ya!
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @conch13

Glad that I can help, and a Happy year ahead for you.
  • Falconidave
    Falconidave Member Posts: 6 New User
    Anyone know of a walk-through on flashing the BIOS on this machine? It's been years since I've done it and don't want to screw things up. Also is there a specific order they must be installed since there appears to be several of them listed?  TIA,

David
  • conch13
    Anyone know of a walk-through on flashing the BIOS on this machine? It's been years since I've done it and don't want to screw things up. Also is there a specific order they must be installed since there appears to be several of them listed?  TIA,

David
    You should be able to find one on YouTube I'm pretty sure I just watched a video and read some articles about it.

I use the most recent R01-A4 recommend above. 

If your unsure I wouldn't recommend doing it tho
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Extract the zip file to your drive and go into the WIN folder and execute the bat file. If you want to watch better, launch a cmd prompt, cd to the win folder and execute the bat file.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.