No wireless adapter available - Acer Aspire C24

SIMMO478
SIMMO478 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2021 in All-In-One PCs
I have an Acer Aspire C24 all in one.  I seem unable to  connect to  the internet using a wireless adapter. The only adapters that are shown are Ethernet ones.  I have reinstalled the Atheros LAN wireless adapter but this still isn't shown.  Does anybody have any suggestions.  I have been exploring the settings for several days now and followed several articles on the web but none of these have made any difference.  It is as if the wireless hardware is no longer there.  I have heard that on some computers there is a physical switch for wifi but I can't seem to find an obvious switch.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Which C24 model do you have? It should be something like C24-xxx-xxxx. Did the wireless work before and has now stopped, or have you never been able to use it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SIMMO478 said:
    I have an Acer Aspire C24 all in one.  I seem unable to  connect to  the internet using a wireless adapter. The only adapters that are shown are Ethernet ones.  I have reinstalled the Atheros LAN wireless adapter but this still isn't shown.  Does anybody have any suggestions.  I have been exploring the settings for several days now and followed several articles on the web but none of these have made any difference.  It is as if the wireless hardware is no longer there.  I have heard that on some computers there is a physical switch for wifi but I can't seem to find an obvious switch.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Whatever model C24 AIO you have and if the Wi-Fi doesn’t work? Try pressing the F3 key and see if you can reinstate the Wi-Fi? If not, then reinstall the appropriate Wi-Fi/BT drivers for your C24 model again and reboot and then see if the Wi-Fi/BT work, if not then press the F3 key numerous times until these features work, if all that doesn’t reinstate these features then there is something wrong with your Wi-Fi/BT card or its antenna wires are disconnected or the cards pins are corroded etc etc

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @SIMMO478,

Plz contact ISP support.