I have problem with ES1-533, cant change boot mode to Legacy.

Options
AzedineMer
AzedineMer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello.
 Updated BIOS to newest and boot mode is grayed out(UEFI), before with older BIOS version this option was active but only variant was UEFI. I can change secure boot enabled/disabled. Is there any way to enable legacy mode?
 Other strange thing is i cant boot from USB flash drive.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,014 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hello.
     I have problem with ES1-533, cant change boot mode to Legacy. Updated BIOS to newest and boot mode is grayed out(UEFI), before with older BIOS version this option was active but only variant was UEFI. I can change secure boot enabled/disabled. Is there any way to enable legacy mode?
     Other strange thing is i cant boot from USB flash drive.

Why do you want to change to MBR/Legacy mode? Best format is UEFI which is the default for this laptop. Anyway, see this extensive guide “How to switch UEFI BIOS to Legacy BIOS on a PC” and see your laptops bios "Boot" mode settings and descriptions below and change settings accordingly

Boot Mode - Select the boot mode. Select “UEFI” (default) or “Legacy”. When the boot mode is changed, changes will only take effect after a reboot. If the user insist to change the mode, the boot priority order will become gray out unless the user switches the boot mode back to the original boot mode settings.

Secure Boot - Enables or disables secure boot check. Default is “Enabled”.

Boot Priority Order - Displays bootable devices based on the Boot Mode selection

NOTE:

• Wired connection will display Network Boot-IPV4 and Network Boot-IPV6 as two separate network boot devices.

• After Windows 10 OS is installed, a Windows Boot Manager will be generated and displayed on top of the boot device priority.

• Non-physical boot devices can be deleted in the Boot Priority Order List, this includes A trusted boot entry and Windows Boot Manager.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @AzedineMer,

Check here

Select UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy BIOS Boot Mode (BIOS)
    1. Access the BIOS Setup Utility. ...
    2. From the BIOS Main menu screen, select Boot.
    3. From the Boot screen, select UEFI/BIOS Boot Mode, and press Enter. ...
    4. Use the up and down arrows to select Legacy BIOS Boot Mode or UEFI Boot Mode, and then press Enter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vWSg3hfu-8

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23161_01/html/E37044/glsem.html