PC Bluetooth not working as expected - Acer Aspire 3 - A315-53G

Options
Bellino99
Bellino99 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2021 in Windows 11
I own an Acer Aspire 3 - A315-53G - Windows 11 Home

Before proposing your ideas, I'll explain the problem and what happened:
They gave me Huawei Freebuds 4 earphones, to be paired with both the phone and the PC, it has the ability to connect to 2 devices at the same time.
I noticed that the bluetooth of my PC, allows you to pair with the earphones but disconnects and reconnects, moreover it is not recognized as an audio output.
So I contacted Microsoft support 3 times, and all 3 times they proposed different solutions: reinstall the bluetooth and sound drivers, reinstall the system part of windows 11, even trivial things, like disconnecting and re-docking the device again and more, but none of them worked.
The last one who assisted me tried to install the Acer drivers for my device, the problem is that they were from Windows 10 64 bit and not for Windows 11, because they weren't there, in any case it didn't work the same , advised me to contact Acer support.
So I contacted them too, they immediately told me that my device was not compatible with Windows 11 and to switch back to Windows 10, because they had no drivers for me.
So the stupid thing is that Microsoft gave the opportunity to install windows 11 via windows update but didn't think about compatibility from the manufacturer anyway, so if you wanted to use bluetooth it wouldn't work as it should.
Before you ask me, if it's an earphone problem, I did 2 tests:
1) I connected the earphones to my brother's computer, and they work (Acer Aspire 5 - A515-51G - Windows 11, he is also not in the compatibility list).

2) I tried with my PC to connect other Aukey TP-2 bluetooth headsets (I think), but they behave with the same errors as the other headsets.

I also tried to install driver update programs but nothing to do, same problem.

I kindly ask you if there is a possible solution to my problem and if anything can be done.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Most of the Aspire A315-53Gs come with a 7th gen Intel chipset and CPU, and Windows 11 requires 8th gen or newer. The latest versions released, however, did come with 8th gen processors. Check to make sure yours is in that list. I've heard of others who have had issues with the W11 Bluetooth drivers misidentifying earbuds and that might be what's happening here. You can either live with it until they release newer drivers or roll back to W10 until they get newer drivers. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.