Acer aspire 3 a315-58 i5 . I am facing lagging and it is too. Slow

Ansh30
Ansh30 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have Acer Aspire 3 a315-58 i5 11th gen,Iris xe graphics , 8 gb ram, 1 tb hdd. I bought it 4-5 months ago but it lags too much and it is slow . Later, I have win10 it lags in it too, and recently i am using win 11 but it lags in it too. What should I do ? 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Ansh30

Is it always slow or just under some situations? Your laptop should not be slow except that you are still using the old technologies ( the traditional, mechanical HDD). This kind of old style HDD is just a mismatch for modern computers but sellers still are bundling  them in a PC.

I suggest you buy a high end PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 NVMe SSD ( 3,400 MB/s read) with capacity of your choice and clone your Win 11 from the 1TB HDD to this new M.2 NVMe SSD. 

After this upgrade you should be happy about your a315-58, unless you use it to play modern high demanding games in high resolution.

Answers

• ttttt
    Answer ✓
    @Ansh30

Is it always slow or just under some situations? Your laptop should not be slow except that you are still using the old technologies ( the traditional, mechanical HDD). This kind of old style HDD is just a mismatch for modern computers but sellers still are bundling  them in a PC.

I suggest you buy a high end PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 NVMe SSD ( 3,400 MB/s read) with capacity of your choice and clone your Win 11 from the 1TB HDD to this new M.2 NVMe SSD. 

After this upgrade you should be happy about your a315-58, unless you use it to play modern high demanding games in high resolution.
  • Ansh30
    Ansh30 Member Posts: 2 New User
    ttttt said:
    @Ansh30

@ttttt

Thank you , Btw I have 1 tb 5400 rpm hdd and it gives me about 30mb/s read and 25mb/s write speed . So I think that I should upgrade to ssd.

Thanks for your advice
  • ttttt
    @Ansh30

Glad to help !

If you need more help on how to do the cloning, start a new thread. 30 MB/s to 3,400 MB/s is just way fast.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Ansh30,

Free some space in HDD. 
  • evla
    evla Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

ttttt said:

Hi. Please advice is the Acer Aspire 3 A315-58-34HM (NX.ADDER.008) has M.2 slot on the mainboard and if yes what size of SSD suits it. Thank you
  • omio
    omio Member Posts: 1 New User

I also have this model and facing the same problem. Did you upgrade anything? If yes please let me know.