I have new all-in one C22-1650, how to boot it from usb? I cant change the settings in bios

Karkour
Karkour Member Posts: 2 New User
Acer all-in one c22-1650

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Karkour

Is your USB device bootable from the beginning?
  • Karkour
    Karkour Member Posts: 2 New User
    ttttt said:
    @Karkour

Is your USB device bootable from the beginning?
    Yes, 8gb, created with Rufus 3.17
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Karkour
    You said "

I cant change the settings in bios"

Can you show some cell phone photos which page of BIOS that you tried?

Do you know how to get into the Boot Menu?

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

1) Plug in USB drive, start/restart you computer. As soon as Acer logo appears, press F2 (or DEL) key immediately and repeatedly until get into BIOS.
    2) From the BIOS, use right arrow key (→) to move to Boot menu. Press the arrow keys (↓↑) to select USB HDD, and press F6 to move it to the top of the list.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Yeah, that won't work on a new system like your C22-1650. You have a UEFI boot environment which is not dependent on the hardware. In the BIOS you need to do one thing, and possibly two depending on what you are trying to boot. In the BIOS make sure the F12 Boot Menu is enabled, the default is disabled. With that enabled and a signed boot image plugged in to a USB port when you start the system up you can use the F12 key to get a choice of what you want to boot with. If you are not getting the image on the USB drive as an options it likely means the boot image isn't signed. In that case go into the BIOS and change Secure Boot to disabled. That allows booting from unknown images, so make sure what you have on your flash drive isn't going to infect you...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.