Aspire xc 875 ram upgrade. Which brand is known to be compatible with the installed memory?

Jeffj62
Jeffj62 Member Posts: 2 New User
I have included a pic of the ram installed and the motherboard model. I would like to know which sdram can be compatible with what Acer has already installed in this system. Can it be any DDR4-3200 / PC4-25600 DDR4 SDRAM UDIMM? Or does anyone know precisely what has been tried and tested on this particular system.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    It looks like Acer was building with both 2666MHz and 3200MHz memory, my guess is the availability was better during the production runs for the 3200 even though it is likely running at 2666. You should be able to use either speed, but I'd tend to stick with the same as what you have. Yours is a Micron part, but the vendor is less important than the speeds.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Jeffj62

I mixed brands for my TC-885 RAM sticks and they are just fine. The most important part is matching the spec of DDR4 3200 MHz.

Check this link:

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/acer/aspire-tc-875

It is UDIMM.

Have you checked the Memory section of the Performance tab under Task Manager? See is it running full speed or just 2666 MHz?
    Probably the motherboard bus or CPU restrictions will have the RAM running at 2666 MHz even the RAM has 3200 MHz spec.
  • Jeffj62
    Jeffj62 Member Posts: 2 New User
    @ttttt it is running at 2666mhz, thank you for answering.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Yes, the TC-885 chipset is designed for 2666 memory. I think Acer got a good deal on 3200 memory while the 2666 was in short supply. You can put 2666 in and it will still run at 2666, just like your 3200 does.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.