GPU seems to not work on acer predator helios 300?

Options
sega002
sega002 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi everyone! Games won't run on my laptop. They ask me to update drivers. But my drivers are all up to date but still predator sense and task manager both show that my nvidia gpu isn't working, yet windows says the device is working properly (see screenshots below). I've also tried rolling the drivers back to older compatible versions to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to NVIDIA Control Panel, click Manage 3D settings in the left pane, switch to "High performance NVIDIA Graphics" using the dropdown arrow in the right pane, click Apply at the bottom, move to "Set Physx configuration" in the left pane, select NVIDIA Graphics in the right pane using the dropdown arrow, click Apply, now your system will use the dedicated graphics.

• sega002
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. It appears as though the GPU is no longer idle but still games would not open for some reason. Could this be a hardware related issue?

• brummyfan2
    Options
    sega002 said:
    Thanks for the suggestion. It appears as though the GPU is no longer idle but still games would not open for some reason. Could this be a hardware related issue?

Sorry, you have to wait for someone else familiar with gaming to respond.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @sega002,

Try to uninstall and reinstall the app and check. 
  • sega002
    Options
    Yep, I also reset my PC, rerolled drivers and updated drivers but this issue is still happening. The weirdest part is that my GPU usage spikes from 0 to 100 when I open an app using it. Then the app stops showing properly. Any help is appreciated! (Sorry about the poor picture for some reason my snipping tool was very buggy)
  • Samvat
    Samvat Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I am having the same issue for the past six months. I have tried doing everything [re-installing, rolling back to the older version, updating to newer graphics version] but I can't get it to work. Device manager shows that the graphics card is working proper but while I try doing any graphics intensive task the app either crashes or the overall system lags and I can hear the hang sound. Games try to open but while the startup process is going on it automatically crashes. I don't know what happened, I don't remember changing anything that would cause this issue. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Samvat said:
    I am having the same issue for the past six months. I have tried doing everything [re-installing, rolling back to the older version, updating to newer graphics version] but I can't get it to work. Device manager shows that the graphics card is working proper but while I try doing any graphics intensive task the app either crashes or the overall system lags and I can hear the hang sound. Games try to open but while the startup process is going on it automatically crashes. I don't know what happened, I don't remember changing anything that would cause this issue. 
    I suggest you ask a new question and let me know your computer model. Example AN515-55-58VH.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)