What is the light on the F8 key on my Predator PH315-54 for?

Options
Anshul99
Anshul99 Member Posts: 3 New User

So I've attached this picture of a light on the F8 key of my Acer Predator 315-54, with 11800H and Nvidia 3050Ti. The light looks similar to the light on the Caps Lock button. I have absolutely no idea what its for and what enables it - it always seems off no matter what key combo I tried. So if someone could shed some light (pun intended) on what this does, I won't go crazy trying to find out what it does. I hope it's not a useless easter egg or something. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    You can turn off Sound by pressing Fn+F8 buttons.
  • Anshul99
    Options
    Hi,
    Hey, thanks for your reply. Yes I know I can do that, but that light does not activate. Is it an issue with the keyboard? Is the light supposed to be on when the device is muted, or for something else? None of the functions causes this light to activate, so I'm not sure. 

• Impervious
    Impervious Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Anshul99 said:
    Hi,
    Hey, thanks for your reply. Yes I know I can do that, but that light does not activate. Is it an issue with the keyboard? Is the light supposed to be on when the device is muted, or for something else? None of the functions causes this light to activate, so I'm not sure. 

I think it may be related to setting fn key in bios as media key.
  • Anshul99
    Options
    Anshul99 said:
    Hi,

I think it may be related to setting fn key in bios as media key.
    I'll test that. It would be great if we could change the Fn key function from the Acer software instead of going to the BIOS. My earlier laptop had an 'Fn Lock' that rotated the function accordingly. Very useful time saver. 

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @ Anshul99
    Enter the snid below and download  the user manual 
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/drivers
  • VenomZac2024
    VenomZac2024 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Please, I have a problem right now. The button is working but it does not light. Is there a solution to this problem? Please reply as soon as possible.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,425 Trailblazer
    Options
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options

These are all the F key functions for your Predator Helios PH315-54 laptop, there is no specific mention of a light when this function is turned on or off:

Hotkeys
    Hotkeys or function key combinations can be used to access computer control functions such as screen brightness, volume, and keyboard backlight.
    Table 1-10. Hotkey Combinations

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍