Acer aspire z5771 CPU and GPU replacement.

Options
LardMan
LardMan Member Posts: 1 New User
I have an Acer aspire z5771 which has an Intel core I7 2600s and an Nvidia geforce GT 530.

I was hoping to replace the GPU with an AMD Radeon r5 m330 and don't know if it's supported.

I was also going to replace the CPU with an Intel core i7 3770s and include a cooler with it. I was wondering if all this is supported.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    The i7-3770S is one of the supported CPUs, and the CPU is socketed, so that should work. You shouldn't need an additional cooler for it. The GPU is plugged into a PCIe x16 port on the side of the motherboard, so all you should need is a card the same physical size as what's in there now. They use a little plastic toggle lock on two corners to hold the board in place. You will have to do some measuring to verify the board size, since I don't find a spec on that. It looks like they came with either a GT520 or GT530 and were sourcing them from two different vendors.
    Now, replacing the CPU will give you very little performance increase. Best bang for your buck (if you haven't already done it) is to replace the HDD with a SSD, cloning the old drive to the new one... Next max out the memory (8GB max). Next the GPU and only when all else is done think about a CPU change.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    Options
    LardMan said:
    I have an Acer aspire z5771 which has an Intel core I7 2600s and an Nvidia geforce GT 530.

I was hoping to replace the GPU with an AMD Radeon r5 m330 and don't know if it's supported.

I was also going to replace the CPU with an Intel core i7 3770s and include a cooler with it. I was wondering if all this is supported.
    Just as an addition these are all the OEM GPU cards fitted by Acer to the Z5771 AIO;

But and the only restriction that you have is the size of these cards as a 2GB memory card like the Radeon R5 M330 should work, have a look at the specs of the  GT530 here and "Relative Performance" table and look at the Radeon R5 M330 card also and compare.