Acer VG220Q (Monitor Driver)

Options
Teuton
Teuton Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2021 in Monitors
Hello.
I have a NITRO VG0 series monitor, model Acer VG220Q bmiix
Windows 10 64-bit is installed on the computer and it defines my display as: Generic PnP Monitor with drivers from 2006
Because of this, some functions of the video driver and the display itself sometimes do not work correctly for me.
I downloaded the official drivers for Acer VG220Q, but they do not want to be installed.
The system constantly reports an: Install Error: "The Third-party INF doesn't contain Digital Signature Information"
I also tried to disable the verification of the digital signature of drivers in the system through the command prompt:
(bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS & bcdedit /set testsigning on) and through Windows disabling driver enforcement through the startup settings.
But still the drivers do not want to install: Install Error: "The Third-party INF doesn't contain Digital Signature Information"

Please help me to install drivers for Acer VG220Q

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    You don't need special drivers, the monitor sends all configuration info to the system using PlugnPlay. You can install the driver by disabling the signing requirement, but it's just going to hard code the same info that PnP provides.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GenericPNPUser
    GenericPNPUser Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    What you mean to say you didn't make drivers for this monitor? I had drivers and my computer recognized the model in Windows 10. You didn't make drivers for Windows 11? There should be drivers for your products that's kind of bad for a newer monitor. You don't even list this model under drivers and downloads as if it doesn't exist. That's not very good support.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    There aren't drivers needed because it uses Plug and Play to tell the computer what modes are supported, just as with almost all monitors made over the last several years.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.