Repair My Acer (Customer Self Care) Broken Predator XB27

Options
JaBent
JaBent Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2021 in Predator Monitors
My Predator XB271H is white screening no matter what.  I’m out of warranty, but I figured I’d try to get a quote for a repair with their “Repair My Acer” link.  The page just doesn’t work.  The mobile version won’t let you do step 1.  The PC version will only let you do step 1.

You can go horizontal on your phone and do step 1, then go vertical and do steps 3-4, thinking you outsmarted it, but then it tells you the captcha has timed out.

I called about it, but the non local support didn’t understand what I was talking about.

Any ideas?  Keep calling until I get someone that understands?  Open up the monitor and randomly disconnect/connect things?

Comments

• JaBent
    Options
    Well someone moved my message… hopefully that means they read it and will take note that the site needs fixed….
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @JaBent,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,781 Trailblazer
    Options
    @JaBent, the move was likely a moderator bot. They get the most obvious ones and rely on actual moderators to handle the less obvious. I think 'Easwar' is somewhat of a bot too, but not an official one. :)
    Let me escalate to the moderators and see what they say about the pages. I'm thinking they aren't correctly handling monitors since we're not seeing lots of similar posts for laptops or desktops.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,421 Community Administrator
    Options
    Hello @JaBent

I am sorry for the issues you had requesting a quote,  would you mind sending a private message with  your contact info, I will be happy to escalated it to your local support. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 

• JaBent
    Options
    Ok I sent a message to you.  Thank you!
  • bagelscomps
    bagelscomps Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2022
    Options
    ignore this