Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-53 Format/Factory Reset

dcetinol84
dcetinol84 Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited December 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello everyone,

I have Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-53-750A notebook. It's almost at 1.5 years of use. I want to format my Windows installed drive and to have a clean Windows install. I have a couple of questions:

1- Is it ok to use Windows's basic function for this as shown below? Or should I use any other tool etc?

2- If Windows Reset function is the right way to go, will this process only format (If I choose to erase everyting) my Windows installed drive? Will my other 2 drive (1 HDD and 1 SSD) be safe?
3- Will I keep all of the Acer software like Predator Sense, Killer Control Center, Acer Care Center etc and necessary drivers after reset?

If everything's cool, are there any other things that I should care?
If this is not the right way how should I proceed?

Note: When I use Acer Care Center's Recovery Management and click "Create Backup" it just opens Windows' backup page. Is that normal? I saw a couple of videos where it's not the case.

-> 

Thank you for your help!

Answers

• dcetinol84
    Any ideas?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @dcetinol84,

2- If Windows Reset function is the right way to go, will this process only format (If I choose to erase everyting) my Windows installed drive? Will my other 2 drive (1 HDD and 1 SSD) be safe?

For this process you will loose all the files including your personal data. If you want to save the personal files in the HDD's plz go with the option "Keep My Files". But that too will delete the files in C drive.

3- Will I keep all of the Acer software like Predator Sense, Killer Control Center, Acer Care Center etc and necessary drivers after reset?

You no need to worry about it. All the default programs,software and drivers will automatically restore when doing reset. 
  • dcetinol84
    Thank you @Easwar!

So if I don't choose the option "keep my files", the process will format all of my drives right? Even if they are separate physical drives and not different partitions?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @dcetinol84,

I think the same but not sure.