addind additional discs to Acer Predator Orion 5000

Options
TheGodfatherDon
TheGodfatherDon Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited December 2021 in Predator Desktops
when i open the front of the case by pressing on both sides  of the top front panel i  see the cd disc player, beneath this is a lever which pulls open to reveal a metal casing
3 inches across by 4 inches long, The rear of this already has power and data cables,
WHAT TYPE OF DISC IS THIS FOR
when i remove the right   panel side of the main casing i can see a empty plastic hard drive casing for an extra hard drive disc
Where are the power and data cables for this
Do i need any additional hardware to install a standard 3tb hhd

Comments

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    what is the exact model? Example PO5-625S-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TheGodfatherDon

Tinkerer

Options
    I will not give my serial number to you, please answer the question posted
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    There are several versions of the orion 5000 model. Example PO5-620-30000 and PO5-100-UR11 . I don't want the serial number. I just want to know what model you bought.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Different models have different designs, so the drive mounts, cables and power can be different. Your PO5 might be a PO5-100, -600, -605, ... We need to know which it is to answer your question. The newest ones have quite different internal designs than the earlier models.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TheGodfatherDon

Tinkerer

Options
    thr model is P05 600S thank you Bilsey for replying
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Check out these photos:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    Options
    The drive bay under the ODD is for a hot swap SATA drive, you should be able to put either a 3.5" or 2.5" SATA drive in there. It can be a HDD or a SSD. Hopefully this picture will a bit easier to see:
    The drive itself mounts in that drawer that you see being pulled out. When placed back in, it engages the SATA and power connectors in the back.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TheGodfatherDon

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks  Billsey you are CORRECT re SSD my friend.  FELIZ N ATELL PARA VOCE E SUA FAMILLA
    when i remove the right   panel side of the main casing i can see a empty plastic hard drive casing for an extra hard drive disc WHERE IS THE DATA AND POWER CABLES  for this
    Are hidden behind the power box casing on the other sise.

• TheGodfatherDon

Tinkerer

edited December 2021
    Options
    my Portuguese is not good Obrigado Meu pedido de desculpas 

my English is not good Thank you My apology
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You are welcome my friend! Happy holidays to you!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    Options
    The cables are mounted on the back of the drive cage already...
  • Behrouz2
    Behrouz2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    what is the exact model? Example PO5-625S-58VH.
    My case model is PO5 625s but there is no power cable I take picture to help more 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,740 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @Behrouz2 Did you remove that plastic that organizes the cables and show all the cable connections?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer