New Aspire C27-1655 With SSD split into two drives

H28daniel
H28daniel Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi, 

I have just bought a aspire C27 all in one PC but the SSD is split into two drives one being blank called "data", is there a way to get rid of that partition and just have one full drive without needing to reinstall the whole windows OS, anyway it can be done easily without much trouble? Thank you in advance. 

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,761 Pathfinder
    @H28daniel you can use Disk management for grouping two drives into one. If that partition is on a seperate disk, you cannot do it. If it is on the same disk and next to the OS drive, then you can delete that data drive and extend the OS drive. You can also use MiniTool partition wizard if disk management doesn't let you extend the OS drive.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Very likely, as suggested you can use Disk Management to delete the data partition, then extend the system partition to take up the whole space. The caveat is that if one of the recovery partitions sits between the system and data partitions Disk Management won't work. You will have to use one of the other tools to delete data, then move the recovery to the end of the drive, then extend the system partition. MTPW as suggested will do the latter.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • H28daniel
    Hi, 

I have tried this, but I cannot merge the drives, MTPW won’t let me select them or other partition program I used, it is maybe because there are not adjacent? 
  • billsey
    You don't merge, you delete the data partition then extend the system partition to fill the freed space.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • H28daniel
    Thanks Billsey, as you suggested the issues was the recovery partition that was in between. All sorted now, thanks for your help. 
  • billsey
    No problem, glad I could help. Be sure to mark the appropriate post as the solution, so the thread will come up easier when someone else has the same question.