acer swift3 SF314-43-R7ZF turn on issues

Options
longy
longy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2021 in Windows 11
I am an unhappy owner of an acer swift 3 (the one with amd 5500u, 8gb ram, 500gb ssd nvme, and Windows 11 Home).

The laptop is practically new, I will have turned it on no more than 10 times. But today, for the second time, I had booting problems.

I point out that the notebook battery, at the time of shutdown, was 55-60% charged.

However in my case 5 minutes after the battery reset is not enough, it takes 30 minutes of charging before I can boot the notebook. 

I find it unacceptable that on a notebook with less than two months of life I have these problems. 

The notebook has dualboot Windows 11 and Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS. I seem to remember that in both cases the problem occurred after shutting down Ubuntu, but I'm sure this doesn't always happen.

Before I reset the drive to factory configurations and return the product, I'm hoping for some help from the community so I can fix this problem once and for all.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Answers

• longy
    longy Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2021
    Options
    There is some news. Bad news. 

Now the laptop seems to be fully charged, but if I try to turn it on, the blue led comes on for 4-5 seconds, then goes off and nothing happens.

What can I do?
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @ longy

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @ longy,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    What specifically are the boot problems? Do you see any error messages? Do you see anything on the screen? How about hearing any beeps?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.