FPS Drops on Acer Predator Helios 300

Options
KeziahBorg
KeziahBorg Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello, so I am getting random FPS drops while playing games now, I would get around 100 FPS in a game then it would decrease to 10-20 FPS, to fix this I need to turn TURBO mode on and then off again for my FPS to rise again. Can anyone please help? I'm starting to wonder if this is because of the high temperatures because even when playing a small game my temperatures would rise to 90 degrees

Thank you

Answers

• GAMING6698
    Options
    @KeziahBorg
    1) what is your CPU/GPU Temperatures while playing?
    2)Are you still under warranty?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @KeziahBorg,

Increase your game settings to medium like texture quality,anti-analysing,shadow. By this cpu usage increase and you may get better fps. Try to customize settings between medium and high then find out which is better for you. ««Increase your game settings to medium like texture quality,anti-analysing,shadow.
  • Shizo
    Shizo Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Easy fix i found after struggling like you. Go to: system configuration → boot→turn off ACC services (most probably the first service)→restart. Voila! You are all set my friend.

It isn't the CPU or GPU tbh, acer has tuned them pretty well.

Peace.

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options

Hi @KeziahBorg

You can try to reinstall the GPU drivers to check if that makes any difference.

NOTE: Make sure to reboot the laptop after uninstalling the driver.

If that doesn't work then you can try to reset the laptop.

Check the above link to do a reset to check if that makes any difference.

NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• daveybrainx
    daveybrainx Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2023
    Options

I have read and attempted everything I could find on this subject. Eventually I found the solution that worked for me.

It appears that the CPU overheating 90 degrees is correct. The solution is to manually throttle the CPU a little all the time, so that it doesn't go into an overheating situation where the automatic throttle is significant. This can be achieved through settings in Windows itself.

These instruction are for Windows 11 but probably work with 10 or lower aswell.

Press WINDOWS+R on your keyboard. Enter "control" into the box and click OK.

Click "Hardware and Sound."

Click "Edit power plan."

Click "Change advanced power settings."

Expand the list to show "Processor power management -> Minimum processor state" and "Maximum processor state."

Here I have chosen 97% as my maximum. I have not experimented with higher percentages. Perhaps even 99% will work. I'll leave that up to you to try.

Good luck and happy gaming! 😉