How can I Boot my Acer Aspire one

AztekFam
AztekFam Member Posts: 1 New User
I just bought this laptop. And it's asking to boot it? I don't have a boot disk for it. How can I get access to a boot USB device. I tried asking for help thru chat and not much of help I received. Can someone please help me.. Thanks in Advance.
Laptop info WINDOWS XP
•Acer aspire one
•AOA 150-1483
•MODEL NO: ZG5

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Does it have a hard drive installed as that is a old non-supported Windows. Sometimes people sell them with no hard drive installed ? 

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @AztekFam

If I were you, I'll probably download the latest version of 32-bit Windows 10 from Microsoft web site to a flash drive via the Media Creation Tool there.

Then, boot up from the flash drive and install the 32-bit win 10 to the HDD/SSD ( I recommend using 2.5" SATA solid state drive). When bootup, keep tapping F12 or F2 to reach the Boot Menu.

Don't know if your Windows license key is embedded in the motherboard. Anyway, Microsoft  probably still allow a short time for you to use Windows.
    If 32-bit Win 10 won't activate, go buy a license from third party seller via internet. You may notice it is not as expensive as you thought. It may be about USD 20-$40. The cheapest I ever got was USD $5, sale price.

If possible, try get a modern PC instead, as the laptop is old and become obsolete, maybe close to the end of life. Even with Win 10, you can only expect Microsoft to support it till 2025.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    If the hard drive exist, hold ALT and tap F10, that should get you the WIndows that came with the computer but updating XP will be frugal. 

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi @ AztekFam
    Since it's XP it's hard to boot with same OS. you will need an alternative disk. try alt f10 as above comment or check for an upgrade