what causes ED320QRS Monitor to turns on but not display anything?

Options
Boris963
Boris963 Member Posts: 2 New User

My Acer ED320QRS monitor stop working randomly. it turns on but does not display anything. I can see the power button light up blue when powering up but no display. I can't even connect to the monitor menus. Any ideas what can cause and fix for this type of issue?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Boris963

Try to do power drain test on your monitor.. 

Unplug all the cables from the monitor
    If the cable is inbuilt please don't try to remove it.  
    Hold the power button for 1 minute
    Plug all the cables back.
    Turn on the monitor and check..

If it is not working fine ..

Let me repeat the steps again...

Using the control buttons on the monitor try to reset the settings to defaults and then check..   It should work fine..

It might be a cable issue..   Remove all the cables from monitor.   Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.    Connect all the cables back.  Try to turn on the monitor.   Connect the monitor to computer and check.  If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.     Try to connect it back and check.    If possible try to use an alternative cable and check. 

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.    Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.    Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check. 

On the monitor – use the control buttons.   There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.    Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check  or  Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Boris963,

Are you connecting HDMI or VGA cable.
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi @ Boris963
    1. Test your monitor.
    2. Make sure your computer has completely restarted.
    3. Verify that the power supply voltage switch is set correctly.
    4. Perform a hard reset.
    5. Clear the BIOS memory.
    6. Reseat the memory modules.
    7. Understand LED lights.
    8. Check Hardware.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Boris963,

After trying all the steps if the issue not resolved 

Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• Boris963
    Boris963 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Is there instruction on how to reset the monitor back to default? see that there is no display. 
  • JesseAu
    JesseAu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Did you resolve this? Having this issue with monitor connected to xb1. Screen stays black for anywhere from 10mins to hours and then appears eventually but usually have to turn monitor on and off and on and off a few times. 
  • Leumons
    Leumons Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same issue , i cant even acces the menu features , so I brought it to our local repair service . they said the panel's the issue meaning i had to buy a new one . but i still refuse to believe that . any hardware info u guys might know cuz I did tried opening the back panel and see no sign of burnt whatsoever.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

Always take the first step to verify the splash screen appears. That display happens while the monitor's motherboard goes through it's POST, so if it doesn't show at all either the board has failed, the screen has failed or the cable that runs between them has failed. No need at that point to look at anything external.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.