How do i stop computer from pausing music?

Toppin
Toppin Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2021 in Windows 11
Recently i experienced a problem , i usually on my music for like 6hrs and put it to lock screen ( window + L ) and add a timer for my computer to lock out/ shutdown after 6hrs is up. Before that, it goes really smooth and nothing happened, it shutdown as i set the timer. But then recently my computer keep on stopping around 2-3hrs for no reason. when i go to my computer after 6hrs , the computer is not lock out/ shutdown even though i set a timer for my computer. When i get in the main screen everything was still there but the music was paused. I checked the sleep mode and set to never, however, it still happens . That only happens when i did not plug in to charge my laptop . But when i did plug in and leave it there for a long time, then it's goes really smooth. Anyone know what this problem is ? thanks for helping : )

Answers

• Toppin

Try to follow the steps from the link given below to shutdown the computer at a specific time.. 

https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/put-a-shutdown-timer-on-your-windows-desktop-with-this-command/

Try windows x 
    go to power shell admin  - click on Yes..
    Try shutdown -r -t xxxx

shutdown -r -t 9000

xxxx should always be in seconds    For example 3600 means 1 hour, 7200 means 2 hours... 

Try to set the sleep mode..  You can even set it for 10 mins
    Play th music and try to minimize the screen.    Since the music application screen is minimized, computer will go to sleep at a stipulated time but still  you will hear the music ...
    Computer will also shutdown at a stipulated time based on the shutdown command you have set.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    I just go to Settings>System>Power and Sleep and usually set "When Plugged In" Display to 15 min and Sleep to Never.
  • Toppin
    padgett said:
    I just go to Settings>System>Power and Sleep and usually set "When Plugged In" Display to 15 min and Sleep to Never.
    i set sleep to never but for some reason my music on youtube keep pausing around 2-3 hrs after 
  • Toppin
    Toppin

Try to follow the steps from the link given below to shutdown the computer at a specific time.. 

https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/put-a-shutdown-timer-on-your-windows-desktop-with-this-command/

Try windows x 
    go to power shell admin  - click on Yes..
    Try shutdown -r -t xxxx

shutdown -r -t 9000

xxxx should always be in seconds    For example 3600 means 1 hour, 7200 means 2 hours... 

Try to set the sleep mode..  You can even set it for 10 mins
    Play th music and try to minimize the screen.    Since the music application screen is minimized, computer will go to sleep at a stipulated time but still  you will hear the music ...
    Computer will also shutdown at a stipulated time based on the shutdown command you have set.. 
    I did those, but my computer keep on pausing music on youtube after 2-3 hrs still , dont know what this problem is :/ 
  • Toppin

Open taskmanager - check whether any unwanted background programs are running..   Try to end task it and check it..

If it is still not working..

Try windows + r - on the run window - type appwiz.cpl
    It will show you the list of programs 
    check whether any unwanted third party programs are present..
    Please do not remove the drivers or any other important programs related to Acer or operating system.. 
    If you don't know what you are removing please dont remove it. 
    You can check the name of the third party program or company name and then you can try to remove it. 
    It might be the cause of the issue.. 

If you are still facing the same issue...    I will provide you a simple trick..

Try windows + r - on the run window - type msconfig
    Go to services - check the smal box hide all microsoft service on the lower left corner
    Disable all the services - click on disable all
    Go to startup tab on top - click on open task manager 
    disable all the items
    click on apply and ok
    Restart the computer. 

Now it should work fine.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    What browser are you using the connect with YouTube? The browser might be shutting you down for inactivity, or YouTube itself might be doing the same.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.