BIOS Boot Sequence Problem Aspire TC-885

maxi36sailor
maxi36sailor Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I want to wipe the hard drive of my Acer Aspire TC-885 using an iso image of DBAN and have already burned the CD.  I have changed the boot sequence in BIOS (using the <del> key) to 1st device CD/DVD and 2nd device Windows Boot Manager and have checked and rechecked that I have saved the boot sequence settings.  The PC still boots with Windows boot manager.  I check the boot sequence using F12 and can only access one menu item, the Windows boot manager.  I restart again to double check (again using <del> to access BIOS) and the CD/DVD is still the 1st boot device.  Any suggestions as to what I can do to boot from CD/DVD so I can wipe the hard drive?  Thank you.

The boot menu is ENABLED in BIOS.

BIOS v. 2.20.1271

Windows 11 Home

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Please don't try to use Legacy boot in the BIOS, that breaks so many things... DBAN is really pretty old and there are other options that work with modern systems.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @ maxi36sailor
    If the boot sequence does not show up, select legacy BIOS mode and try to install Windows. Then select UEFI BIOS mode, and check the boot sequence. Reset the BIOS (press F9 to load defaults, press F10 to save and exit).
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Please don't try to use Legacy boot in the BIOS, that breaks so many things... DBAN is really pretty old and there are other options that work with modern systems.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @maxi36sailor

My Tc-885-UA91 having a different BIOS naming sytem, mine is R01-C3, dated 7/22/20.

If the boot sequence selected doesn't work, try change the HDD priority, it works with my TC-885-UA91.