The speakers on my Extensa EX2519 seems to have stopped working?

DanE92
DanE92 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
So, I was watching youtube tonight. During a video, I experience a strange sounding disturbance from my speakers. Not like a crackle, more like a disturbance or just as if the audio quality dropped below 0. Since then, my audio is just gone. Not just for youtube, but everything. My laptop uses Realtek High Definition Audio speakers. I have checked for driver updates and found nothing, they are all current.

I'm currently running Windows Update to install a couple of updates. I have heard that Windows 10 have had audio issues so I'm hoping that the updates might help me out. But, it might also not change it. What else can I do to figure out the problem?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If it is an issue with the drivers, just an update often won't clear it up. Try uninstalling the drivers then reboot so Windows automatically reinstalls. If that doesn't help do the same thing, but check the box that says something like also delete the files. If that doesn't automatically reinstall use the drivers form Acer's support page for your model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    If it is an issue with the drivers, just an update often won't clear it up. Try uninstalling the drivers then reboot so Windows automatically reinstalls. If that doesn't help do the same thing, but check the box that says something like also delete the files. If that doesn't automatically reinstall use the drivers form Acer's support page for your model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DanE92
    DanE92 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Update: After installing the updates and rebooting, the audio is back!
  • billsey
    Good to see that worked. :)