How can I fix my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 with it saying "No Bootable Device"

Options
Crispycocoa
Crispycocoa Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming
So I got this laptop about 2 months ago and I have been getting a lot of problems with it. I was just gaming and I wanted to eat, so I went downstairs and ate; after that I come up and open the laptop and it froze so I decided to restart it. After I restarted it, it then said "No Bootable Device". I spent about 12 hours trying to fix it by taking the 1 terabyte ssd out then putting it back in, DOESN'T WORK. So please if you have an answer for me, please tell me, I am so frustraited with all this stuff plus my phone broke aswell.

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    Crispycocoa

First of all we need to  check whether the hdd is getting detected on Bios..    Tap f2 while turning on the computer.   It will go to bios..    On the info menu please look at the hdd model name and hdd serial no.   If you are able to see the details then hdd is detected on the computer.     If it is not detected then we might have to reseat the hdd ..    If it is not detected then it means that motherboard is not communicating with the hdd.       If the motherboard is not able to communicate with the hdd then it will not load the windows while turning on the computer. 

I am really sorry for the inconvenience..   Let us do the basic steps first..

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help.  Kindly follow the steps given below:

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and – sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you don’t find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed, flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.   Hold the power button for 1 minute.  After releasing the button you should wait a while before plugging in power. Just because the button has been pressed doesn’t bleed off all the residual electricity on the motherboard. Wait 15-30 minutes before plugging in power. Then once power is connected wait for a full battery indication before turning the system on. That allows the battery to fully reset it’s internal statistics.

Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It will go to bios. Press f9 once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.   

It might also be the issue with battery, charger or power outlet.   Try to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet.  Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet.    Try to use an alternative charger if possible.    Try to turn on the computer without the charger and check it  ( as long as the battery is not drained out )  

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Crispycocoa
    Options
    ANdrew go away

• William_mk2
    Options
    Crispycocoa

First of all we need to  check whether the hdd is getting detected on Bios..    Tap f2 while turning on the computer.   It will go to bios..    On the info menu please look at the hdd model name and hdd serial no.   If you are able to see the details then hdd is detected on the computer.     If it is not detected then we might have to reseat the hdd ..    If it is not detected then it means that motherboard is not communicating with the hdd.       If the motherboard is not able to communicate with the hdd then it will not load the windows while turning on the computer. 

There are different ways to do recovery on your computer.   Inside your computer, there is a place called recovery partition.    You can use the recovery partition to reload windows instead of using the flash drive.    Using the flash drive to do recovery will always be the last step.   

You  can always  do a refresh and reset.   These are the steps to do the refresh and reset ..    If you are able to load the windows and if you are able to see the desktop and regular icons then follow these steps..

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top  - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove everything

chose keep my files 
    chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 
    It will be in progress.. 
    login to computer and start using the computer. 

If it is still not working 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 
    chose remove everything 
    click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset  - It will be in progress

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) -  all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos  will still be intact.   Only the applications will be lost 

If you do reset  ( remove everything )  - you are doing a factory default.   It will become like a day one computer.    It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer.  

If you are not able to load the windows..  please follow the steps given below...

Step 2 

My goal is to help you to get into repair mode.  It will show you - chose an option, continue, troubleshoot, use a device.

Different ways of getting into repair mode:

When you start the computer, once it goes to automatic repair, diagnosing your pc , it will show you something like restart, advanced options.  If you click on advanced option, it will go to repair mode where it will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot, use a device.  If you are not able to get into repair mode, we might have to do a hard reset to get into repair mode.   Turn on the computer.   Once it goes  beyond the acer logo, turn off the computer immediately by holding the power button.   Do this for 6 to 7 times.   Turn on the computer.   It will go to repair mode. 

If it is still not working you have to follow these steps. There are two alt keys on the keyboard.  If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar.  The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car.  Turn off the computer.  Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.   It will go to repair mode.  If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer.  Turn on the computer.  Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt )  and then tap f10 continuously.   It will go to repair mode. 

You can click on troubleshoot - reset this  pc -   It will show you keep my files and remove everything. 

Again in remove everything there will be two options -  Just remove my files and fully clean the drive. 

You can try Just remove my files.      If it is still not working then you can try  "Fully clean the drive"

Step 3.  

Installing windows using flash drive:

Turn off the computer.    Tap f2 - go to to bios -  Go to main menu -  F12 boot menu - it will be disabled -  Press enter - enable it.    Go to boot menu - Boot mode - change it to uefi -  Secure boot enabled   - f10 saved the changes.  

Connect the flash drive - tap f12 - It will show you the boot menu with usb hdd flash drive as option 2 now   - chose it and start to install

If you not able to go to bios by tapping f2 - go to repair mode which was mentioned on Step 2 -  Go to troubleshoot - advanced option -  Go to UEFI option - click on restart -  It will go to Bios.  

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Crispycocoa,

Did you try what William_mk2 suggested. 
  • Crispycocoa
    Options
    Hello @Easwar
     I’ve tried what @William_mk2 suggested but nothing works
  • William_mk2
    Options
    Crispycocoa

Is the hdd getting detected in bios ?

Tap f2 while turning on the computer.    It will go to bios..   On the info menu 
    It will show you
    hdd0 model: none or model name
    hdd0 serial no: none or some alpha numeric no
    hdd1 model:  none or model name 
    hdd1 serial : none or serial no 

If you are able to see the model no then that means hdd is detected.. 

Kindly let us know whether the hdd is detected on Bios. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Crispycocoa
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hello @William_mk2 In my bios the storage devices still won’t be read 

Edited the content to hide sensitive information.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Crispycocoa

I am really sorry hdd is not getting detected in bios..   It might be a loose cable connection between motherboard and hdd or we might have to reseat the hdd.   Since there is no communication between the hard disk drive and the motherboard it is not loading the operating system.   We might also have to check whether the hdd is working properly.   

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  Click on  "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.   There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store:  Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories.  Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• atonement
    atonement Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    I had faced the same issue earlier which turned out to be a defect in the SSD. Got it replaced under warranty and no issue afterwards. Maybe check the SSD in a different system? 
  • umutERC
    umutERC Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I was having this problem when I deleted UEFI SHELL. I did install windows 11 to usb with rufus. Then usb appear in boot menu and I start windows 11 and problem is solved.
  • John522023
    John522023 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I found this link and this helped me and it was just the IRST drivers that needed to be installed for your HDD to get redetected on a new Windows installation:

This discussion has been closed.